00R Headers

Saleenrose

Established Member
Anyone out there making or have a pattern for long tubes yet, new engine is ready and I just dont want to put in the old stock headers. I may have to do this tell I can get car to Bassani and have a set built. Just looking for the easy way out.

99cobrajn

cant touch this........
Established Member
there was group buy a few years back for long tubes if i remember right. i dont know who made them though.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Custom is all I know of. My buddy and I have spoken about this for a while now and neither can find anything already made.

flattrack53

Established Member
I called Kooks last year and they told me $2500 and I would have to bring the car to them. Also, their may be from k-member issues with clearance. I would be interested in a group buy to lower the cost if you are interested.

Saleenrose

Established Member
I am running a MM front k member and coil overs. I have talked with Darrel Bassani about building a set and I am sure he would love to sell more than one set. The engine I am running we were looking for either 1 3/4 stepped to 1 7/8 or 1 7/8 stepped to 2". I also talked to kooks and I only live about 3000 miles from them so it seemed out of the question.

flattrack53

Established Member
I don't have an issue with putting a MM front K-member in my car. My motor is bone stock. I would imagine my car would be able to handle a 1 3/4 stepped into a 1 7/8. I just don't have the time to make a 500 mile trip each way to Kooks... And to do it twice.

flattrack53

Established Member
I found some other threads on here. It looks like a stock car should expect to pick up 20-25rwhp with long tubes. What all do you have in your new motor?

I am seriously interested in doing this btw.

Last edited:

Saleenrose

Established Member
Ported R Heads, Stainless Valves, Ported R Intake, Custom Cams, Raised Compression to 10.5, Lighter Rods, Harmonic Balancer, Pistons, hopefully Long Tube Headers. Looking to get ride of the factory stepped Dyno Curve and make around 500rwhp. I use the car for open track days and really love that no one knows what the "old" mustang is. Porsche guys seem to enjoy getting past. Current motor is running 410rwhp hot and really runs with almost all things out there. The car I am after is not faster on the entire course but dam fast on the straight sections ( 2010 Porsche Turbo S ), Just want to hang with him on the straights and kill him in the corners. Not many car just run from it, but they really won't soon.

flattrack53

Established Member
That sounds like a beast. I talked to Sean Hyland about doing the heads on my car but it would probably be worthless to do it without long tubes

Saleenrose

Established Member
Bought a set of bare new R Castings, just about took all my worth to complete them, Valves are different from every modular head, Longer due to raised deck, cams were custom made by bullet for the intake runners and the long tubes, stuck with the 5.4 but after the engine masters I found we should have done the 409 ci engine, oh well not doing it again.

Saleenrose

Established Member
So Bassani is about 1200 miles from here, I have to haul car to Cali Which I hate, and my truck is over length. This is no problem any other location but Cali is one of those states looking to Acquire as much wealth as they can give away. I hate the place. So, how many people could we get that would want a set of Bassani long tubes, x pipe and exhaust? I can talk with Darrel and see if it can happen.

flattrack53

Established Member
Saleenrose, I would be interested in a set of long tubes and x pipe. Would they still bolt up to the rest of the exhaust?

Ben

Yes, it would bolt up to a stock Borla catback. The stock catback is very restrictive and I would recommend the aftermarket Bassani if this deal happens.

Saleenrose

Established Member
When I last talked with Darrel he was into the idea of building a complete exhaust headers to tips using 3" pipe. I have the Cat back so I could see if they would blend this into the Bassani cat back but I guess I will have to see what he will do.

Saleenrose

Established Member
I think if I can get 2 more interested parties I will call Darrel and see what I have to do to get the ball in progress. Just as a warning I dont think these will be cheap, they will be stainless stepped long tubes for the Maximum Motorsports K member. I can tell you guys if you run the Bassani exhaust spipe and cat back at 410rwhp it will blow out some stuffing and I have had them hot enough to blow out a o2 sensor. I think the single muffler is being pushed to its limit at the rwhp. This is of course at track rpms and speeds. Might consider full exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread