01 cobra vs. 03 cobra

GodStang

Established Member
At no point will his TQ be less than yours. Unless he gets no traction or can not drive he will rape you. My buddy has a similar setup to yours and he got rapped by less power cars because by the time the centri actually makes power you have to shift. If you can get a speed where you start running around 4000 rpms you may have a chance. He will hit HP marks about 1000rpms before you (His 300rwhp would be at ~3000rpms and yours is at like ~4200rpms and so on). The only advantage I see is if your car is still 250lbs less.

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
At no point will his TQ be less than yours. Unless he gets no traction or can not drive he will rape you. My buddy has a similar setup to yours and he got rapped by less power cars because by the time the centri actually makes power you have to shift. If you can get a speed where you start running around 4000 rpms you may have a chance. He will hit HP marks about 1000rpms before you (His 300rwhp would be at ~3000rpms and yours is at like ~4200rpms and so on). The only advantage I see is if your car is still 250lbs less.

His eaton will hit full power alot sooner than that........... Mine is at max power and tq by 2500 rpm......and it stays there till I shift.

GodStang

Established Member
His eaton will hit full power alot sooner than that........... Mine is at max power and tq by 2500 rpm......and it stays there till I shift.

You hit max HP at 2500rpms???? Never seen that before. Most eatons hit max HP I think around 5500-5700rpms or so not 2500rpms. So again that means he hits his max HP sooner. 5500rpms compared to the OPs ~6600rpms.

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
Here's my sheet for the 01
Picture098.jpg

here is mine:
31815_397622098278_92574543278_4020452_8024861_n.jpg

This is with just and intake and midpipe, i have over 300 almost instantly in the RPM, and 400 by 4k

From looking at your graph he would have a jump, and your weight in the end may help you play catchup

matt87

Established Member
guys that is my old car and i can say with 4.30 gears that boost comes in lightning fast. if Dan can bang gears like i think he can, i'll be shocked if he cant hang. even with the s/c kit and subframes that car is lighter than an 03/04.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
guys that is my old car and i can say with 4.30 gears that boost comes in lightning fast. if Dan can bang gears like i think he can, i'll be shocked if he cant hang. even with the s/c kit and subframes that car is lighter than an 03/04.

Teh termi is gonna get walked.

LaserRed02GT

Established Member
Buy some BFG Drag Radials or Toyo r888s and junk those nitto crap radials. I run BFGs on my 550rwhp cobra and barely spin! Do that and race him from and a dig, and I would say you should be the victor but it will be a close race. Just my 2 cents :)

2001CobraDan

Established Member
I have about 9000 miles on my NT555R's. I'll get another season out of them, then I'll get something better. I'll definately consider your advice. I was thinking of getting the new Nitto Nt05R's, they're supposed to be a ton better than the 555R's.

LaserRed02GT

Established Member
I have about 9000 miles on my NT555R's. I'll get another season out of them, then I'll get something better. I'll definately consider your advice. I was thinking of getting the new Nitto Nt05R's, they're supposed to be a ton better than the 555R's.

I have 5000 miles on my bfgs. I used to have nittos and they were okay ... but bfgs are sooo much better. You still have the irs? If you do kenny brown braces and aluminum bushings are a must also. I rip people out of the hole all day :burnout: No more wheel hop either. :banana:Good luck with the race, when it does happen make sure you post results.

Last edited:

imbuggin

Established Member
Well i heard the safe hp # for a stock bottom end on new edge cobras and mach 1's is 450. Dez racing backed the timing down to 12 degrees and richened the tune to 11.1. Sure if I leaned it out and advanced the timing, I could make well into the 500hp range the way the car sits. It's just that I don't want to throw one of my powered metal rods through my aluminum block, lol. My plan is to eventually forge my bottom end and crank up the boost. It's all a matter of $. lol

I agree 450-500 hp is all I would push the stock bottom end to. It just seems to me you are needing another 3-3.5 lbs of boost to get into the numbers I would expect to see. I was thinking 13lbs sounds like a lot on a stock bottom end expecting numbers well into the mid to upper 500's.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
You hit max HP at 2500rpms???? Never seen that before. Most eatons hit max HP I think around 5500-5700rpms or so not 2500rpms. So again that means he hits his max HP sooner. 5500rpms compared to the OPs ~6600rpms.

I looked at my graph again. Haha your right, I had my torque mixed up with my power. I hit nearly max torque by 2700 rpm and max hp by 5500 rpm. The curves are relatively sharp and flat for the most part though. All of that immediate torque is great for 1-3 gear burnout shows, lol. However, if you have nice sticky tires that can hold it the launch is insane.

Tomsae.gif

Last edited:

02SVTV6

Established Member
All this dyno sheet nonsense doesn't mean shit if your not hooking and or can't drive. Only #s that matter are Track Ones.

2001CobraDan

Established Member
I have 5000 miles on my bfgs. I used to have nittos and they were okay ... but bfgs are sooo much better. You still have the irs? If you do kenny brown braces and aluminum bushings are a must also. I rip people out of the hole all day :burnout: No more wheel hop either. :banana:Good luck with the race, when it does happen make sure you post results.

Yeah I still do have the irs. Bushings and a brace are definately also a hop up a have in mind. You recommend Kenny Brown over like the Full Tilt Boogie or the Steeda Stop the hop? And yes, If I do race next season, Ill post it up on this thread! Thanks Man.

2001CobraDan

Established Member
I agree 450-500 hp is all I would push the stock bottom end to. It just seems to me you are needing another 3-3.5 lbs of boost to get into the numbers I would expect to see. I was thinking 13lbs sounds like a lot on a stock bottom end expecting numbers well into the mid to upper 500's.

Well my car has the D1 procharger. It is actually a little over kill for my application, but the previous owner got a good deal on it from Craigslist. The car should have the P1. 13 psi is the absolute least amount of boost they could get the D1 to push out. I have the biggest pulley they could fit on it, they actually had to notch out a little corner of my valve cover to fit the pulley on! lol. I guess that in combination with the retarded timing, that 13psi doesn't go as far as it should in relation to the hp. My eventual plan it to get forged rods and pistons and have at it with the boost, the car should make high 500's, maybe low 600's with this blower!

imbuggin

Established Member
Well my car has the D1 procharger. It is actually a little over kill for my application, but the previous owner got a good deal on it from Craigslist. The car should have the P1. 13 psi is the absolute least amount of boost they could get the D1 to push out. I have the biggest pulley they could fit on it, they actually had to notch out a little corner of my valve cover to fit the pulley on! lol. I guess that in combination with the retarded timing, that 13psi doesn't go as far as it should in relation to the hp. My eventual plan it to get forged rods and pistons and have at it with the boost, the car should make high 500's, maybe low 600's with this blower!

that is the answer,I didn't catch that. I thought you were running a P1. That is what I run, so it make sense now.

matt87

Established Member
Dan, theres at least 40-50 hp left on the table just in the tune. Matt, the guy i bought the D1 kit was making 600 plus rwhp with a 3.4 inch pulley. if you forge it and change to twin gt pumps, you'll be there too.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
Here's my sheet for the 01
Picture098.jpg

you know what i would do differently if it was my car? pully it up for say 15 psi on top. put a 50mm BOV set for a fixed 13 psi and let her rip. wont cost much at all. you add a bunch dow low. but you peak will stay the same.

if it was mine.

LaserRed02GT

Established Member
Yeah I still do have the irs. Bushings and a brace are definately also a hop up a have in mind. You recommend Kenny Brown over like the Full Tilt Boogie or the Steeda Stop the hop? And yes, If I do race next season, Ill post it up on this thread! Thanks Man.

Well I have the Kenny brown braces and aluminum bushings and love them, my previous cobra had a 100% stock irs. Thing hopped like a rabbit, now with the kenny brown irs setup, Ive never have that problem. Im sure the Steeda would be a good choice also, im not really familiar with full tilt but im sure that would be good also. I would recommend aluminum bushings instead of polyurethane for sure. Well good luck! :rockon:

2001CobraDan

Established Member
you know what i would do differently if it was my car? pully it up for say 15 psi on top. put a 50mm BOV set for a fixed 13 psi and let her rip. wont cost much at all. you add a bunch dow low. but you peak will stay the same.

if it was mine.

Wow! That seems like a great idea! It would spool up faster with the smaller pulley, but still only use 13 psi of the 15psi. So I wouldn't be increasing boost, just changing it. I'll have to ask either my race shop or Matt87, the guy I bought it off of. Thanks man!

Users who are viewing this thread