02 gt. Need to pick a few brains.

LDM92

Established Member
Cars been making a strange whistling sound when decelerating and cel has popped on and off reading both banks lean. Found a split hose running from CAI to valve covers and taped it up till I get around to a parts store. Also, when giving a little gun of gas while cruising at low rpms I get a loud clunk from somewhere in the middle of the car right when the back end dips to take off. Doesn't do it always just when I gun it for a second. Feels like something rocking back and forth. Any suggestions as to what the cause might be? Pic of the hose is attached
ffebbba39c8398281cad62000483a60c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Is it only when you step on the gas? what about when you coast/hit the brake? Change from forward to reverse?

Basic things to check would be to put it in the air and check your drive shaft and some suspension components and bushings for any slop.

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
Sounds like it could possibly be a broken/loose transmission mount as well. Crawl up under the car and make sure the transmission is bolted up and secure, and then work your way back checking the driveshaft and suspension components as mentioned above.

Mike Dj

Established Member
Same as above comments also check motor mounts. I f you have a bunch of miles on the car it would be wise to change motor and trans mounts and both u-joints. If I were you I would replace the stock rubber mounts with poly mounts. They just last longer and have almost 0 deflection. Keep us up to date on the situation.

LDM92

Established Member
Sorry for the late reply guys, just did the clutch the other day. Throwout and Input bearings desintagrated in my hands and the driveshaft was completely loose. After all was said and done the whistling remains. I'll get it up on a rack here again soon and start sniffing around the suspension next. To answer the first reply it does do the whistling when coasting. Never when breaking. Thanks guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread