02 mustang gt oil pressure issue

rbpf3379

MUSTANG KING
Established Member
Ok guys i haven't wrote in here in a while but im having some issues with my 2v. I have a 02 gt with a tork tech kit and Eaton M112 supercharger just recently rebuild it im like a diy person but here goes. A romeo block bored 0.030 modmax forged pistons 13.5cc compression at 9.8:1 manley forged rods arp2000 hardware forged kellogg 8 bolt crankshaft stock 2v P.I heads stage 3 cams new oil, water pump and strainer all the bolt tork down at specs time correctly and put together when i start it for the first time there was a ticking sound coming from the top of the motori assumed all the lifters havent been filled with oil as of yet as the motor run the ticking died down i then gave it a little throttle as the rpm comes down it would start to tick so i allow it to continue to run while letting the car run oil pressure was fine i then allow it to run at operating temperature and let it run for 20mins more then i would shut the car down and continue the process for the next 4 days. On the 5th day i decided to take it for a drive i went through each gear at 3000 rpm and got into 3rd gear the oil pressure drop flat so return the car home while pulling into the dive way the car started to rattle and shut off i made an attempt to start it again oil pressure came up but the car didnt start so i allowed the car to cool down later on i attempt to start it again and the engine sound like it stuck so i left it until i get get a chance to pull it down. Can someone point me in the right direction. Also my suporting mod are

373 rear gears
340lph aeromotive fuel pump and regulator 6an fuel lines
Stage 3 clutch kit and flywheel
BBK control arms adjustable shocks
Stage 3 cams
Tork teck kit
Ported eaton M112
7" lower piggy back crank pulley
2.73 upper pulley

Its a project and weekend track car.

IMG-20151207-WA0025.jpeg
IMG-20151207-WA0007.jpeg

20170422_120154.png
IMG-20170322-WA0028.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I337M using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jaxbusa

Established Member
Drain oil and cut open oil filter. You're looking for big particles.

If you built the engine, what were the crank to bearing clearances?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

Sluggie24

Established Member
I'm confused. You don't know what you set your bearing clearances at? How about ring gaps? I was always told with a 4.6 you only really want to go .020" over on cylinder bore due to wall thickness? That compression seems high for a positive displacement blower that builds boost at low rpm.

Sluggie24

Established Member
That's not enough clearance for a supercharged iron block. Normally want .002-.003"

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Initially What were you getting for oil pressure? This sounds like something went wrong with the rebuild or you need a new oil pump. 2nd the motion for cutting open the oil filter and see what's going on.

Sluggie24

Established Member
I have a feeling you will need to do more than just change bearings. There is a good chance the crank is damaged at this point. What weight oil were you using?

Users who are viewing this thread