03 Cobra vs 2014 GT500

matt87

Established Member
god people on these forums cant read. so you hung in there pretty good with a bolt-on, but not pullied 13 gt500? now your gonna race a bone stock 14 gt500 and everyone thinks it'll be the same outcome? so in theory if i go by what people said in this post, the modded 13 would be no faster than the stock 14? i think you'll be neck and neck with him, maybe do a little better than you did against the 13.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
god people on these forums cant read. so you hung in there pretty good with a bolt-on, but not pullied 13 gt500? now your gonna race a bone stock 14 gt500 and everyone thinks it'll be the same outcome? so in theory if i go by what people said in this post, the modded 13 would be no faster than the stock 14? i think you'll be neck and neck with him, maybe do a little better than you did against the 13.

Agree unless there was something odd or wrong with the other Shelby in which he sold. Wonder if he ever got it dyno tuned to see what he was making.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
I concur for the neck and neck race. Hell, you might even pull him slightly until that Heaton soaks the motor on yours.

SS EATR

Established Member
Unfortunately we didn't get to run today because he had to leave the car show early and I had to stay because I was helping work it. Hopefully we will get to run soon though.

Ported blower with an upper/lower setup definitely made it a TVS equipped Cobra sweat.

There's no point running a stock 03 vs a stock 13 GT500. I mean that's an embarrassing kill.

I just wish some of the '13 GT500 crowd would just acknowledge that a little ported Eaton, with an aggressive upper/lower setup...can put up a much better fight vs. a RVS equipped car. I mean for 11yr old technology, that video showed that mild bolts on an 03-04 didn't look like 11 yr old technology...

Btw, a '10 and up GTR would work all you jokers...

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Ported blower with an upper/lower setup definitely made it a TVS equipped Cobra sweat.

There's no point running a stock 03 vs a stock 13 GT500. I mean that's an embarrassing kill.

I just wish some of the '13 GT500 crowd would just acknowledge that a little ported Eaton, with an aggressive upper/lower setup...can put up a much better fight vs. a RVS equipped car. I mean for 11yr old technology, that video showed that mild bolts on an 03-04 didn't look like 11 yr old technology...

Btw, a '10 and up GTR would work all you jokers...

+1 your making me miss my 03 :( Don't think anyone would disagree with you there.

Did some searching around to see what the difference of a stock Shelby versus a modded one (similar to the video posted here). here is what it found
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqbT60nia4M

Seems there is a good bit of pull on the modded one much more then the difference between the 03 and the 13 in the original post. So with that said if the 03 cobra raced a stock 2013 Shelby it would win? Hummm. Now i'm wondering if there was something wrong with the 13 Shelby in the video. Did he ever dyno it or was there a reason he sold it? Anyway look forward to see the stock 14 run this 03 Cobra.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread