03 Cobra vs 2016ish audi s7

DropSVT

Established Member
So last night i was cruising my Cobra for the first time in a month since putting it in storage and came across a s7 that wanted to play. It started with this dickhead audi driver flashing his high beams behind me, mind you there is nothing but a open lane next to me and a open highway ahead of us, so i slow it down well below the speed limit trying to get him to come to the side of me. After about a mile we come up to a red light and i pull into the other lane hoping he would stay in his so we could be lined up. I look over and hes a older man mid 50s wearing bedazzled clothing and a sparkly hat. When we made eye contact he chuckled a bit like hes Mr. Cool Guy and then floored it the second the light turned green and i wasnt ready lol he slowed it down and we didnt say anything but kept it at about 30 till he hit it. The moment i heard it go i let the cobra come alive and unleashed the WOT on his ass. By the time i hit 90 in third i was easily a bus length and a half ahead so i shut it down before i wasted 5 extra dollars putting a couple more on him. I slowed down to make a right hand turn afterwords hoping maybe he would follow and he just did that ricer flyby crap. Im sure he was upset he got scraped in his luxurious Audi while wearing bedazzled clothes but it was a great feeling for me breaking atleast one ego last night.

Pulley, intake, and supporting mods making 473whp and 523 tq

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
So last night i was cruising my Cobra for the first time in a month since putting it in storage and came across a s7 that wanted to play. It started with this dickhead audi driver flashing his high beams behind me, mind you there is nothing but a open lane next to me and a open highway ahead of us, so i slow it down well below the speed limit trying to get him to come to the side of me. After about a mile we come up to a red light and i pull into the other lane hoping he would stay in his so we could be lined up. I look over and hes a older man mid 50s wearing bedazzled clothing and a sparkly hat. When we made eye contact he chuckled a bit like hes Mr. Cool Guy and then floored it the second the light turned green and i wasnt ready lol he slowed it down and we didnt say anything but kept it at about 30 till he hit it. The moment i heard it go i let the cobra come alive and unleashed the WOT on his ass. By the time i hit 90 in third i was easily a bus length and a half ahead so i shut it down before i wasted 5 extra dollars putting a couple more on him. I slowed down to make a right hand turn afterwords hoping maybe he would follow and he just did that ricer flyby crap. Im sure he was upset he got scraped in his luxurious Audi while wearing bedazzled clothes but it was a great feeling for me breaking atleast one ego last night.

Pulley, intake, and supporting mods making 473whp and 523 tq

Nice kill. Bedazzled- LOL.

grade 8

Established Member
Sounds like he was flashing his lights in some kinda underground gay pick up signal. Crap used to happen a lot on Harry Hines. Good thing you got out of there quick, fast, and in a hurry.
Congrats, Drop!

DropSVT

Established Member
Ya recently almost everytime i go out i have high beams on me. Either they're clueless or their lights are just way to bright

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Sparkly guy should have upgraded to a 17' model year so that he could have had his way with you... lol

DropSVT

Established Member
I was... my mistake.

Not with a pulley only set up...
They're 560 to the crank, id like to see what it puts to the ground. And torque numbers are probably low for it as well. Now curiosity has me wanting to look up numbers.

DropSVT

Established Member
I Cant find any numbers from a dyno but curb weight is 4,500 pounds :eek: and its engines torque is only 513lbs

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
They're 560 to the crank, id like to see what it puts to the ground. And torque numbers are probably low for it as well. Now curiosity has me wanting to look up numbers.

I think torque is in the 700 range. Cars are very efficient. IIRC, they go mid 11s and trap in the 123mph range at the 1/4.

Speedboosted

Established Member

Doesn't matter to be honest. They're so efficient and quick it would be game over unless you're doing around 130 or so. For comparison, I had to work to beat a tune/dp/intake RS7 from a 40-150 roll. Won by like 1.5 cars but it was close the entire time.

partzman

Established Member
Those cars are monsters from a dig. I work at an Audi Dealership and my 480whp Cobra cant hold on to a RS7 from a roll or a dig. He was intake/exhaust/tune though.

Users who are viewing this thread