'03 Inner CV joint boot replacement

sigjig

Established Member
If the answer to my question is posted somewhere else on the forum, I apologize, I couldn't find it.

I'm replacing the IRS bushings and differential cover on my '03 Cobra. In the process of removing the left half shaft, we tore the inner CV boot.

It's apparent that the 3 roller assembly at the end of the axle shaft needs to be removed before the boot will slide off. It looks like it should come right off with a little persuasion, but it doesn't move at all.

Before I damage something, is there a proper way to remove this assembly from the axle shaft?

Thanks

InnerCVjoint.jpg

sigjig

Established Member
If the answer to my question is posted somewhere else on the forum, I apologize, I couldn't find it.

I'm replacing the IRS bushings and differential cover on my '03 Cobra. In the process of removing the left half shaft, we tore the inner CV boot.

It's apparent that the 3 roller assembly at the end of the axle shaft needs to be removed before the boot will slide off. It looks like it should come right off with a little persuasion, but it doesn't move at all.

Before I damage something, is there a proper way to remove this assembly from the axle shaft?

Thanks

View attachment 94126
As followup, I finally was able to move the c-clip on the inward side of the roller assembly against the taper on the axle shaft. Then the roller assembly was able to move inward also, allowing the thin retaining c-clip that's hidden by the roller assembly, to be removed. The roller assembly then slipped right off.

Users who are viewing this thread