03 remanufactured COBRA motor,What??

BlownAway03

Established Member
does anybody know if the piston to wall clearance was corrected on these Reman. engines???

I was trying to find out the same thing. I had the guy in our parts department call the company that builds the remans. They are called AER. They told him that the engines were bored .020 over but he couldn't get a clear answer on what pistons were used. Since they are bored over I'm thinking they are using a different piston and hopefully have corrected the piston to wall issue.

mike302

03BLKVENM
Established Member
I was trying to find out the same thing. I had the guy in our parts department call the company that builds the remans. They are called AER. They told him that the engines were bored .020 over but he couldn't get a clear answer on what pistons were used. Since they are bored over I'm thinking they are using a different piston and hopefully have corrected the piston to wall issue.

so they did bore it .20 over??? if they did then that problem should be gone

VinnyRock

Drinkin' gas haulin' ass
Established Member
I have a reman and no issues. My friend has a reman and he has no issues. Both are making over 570 rwhp. I even pulled the pan to check the rods. All the same. And i was told by my dealer that they are mahle pistons.

lgonz051

Established Member
are we seriously debating if we have forged pistons? do you think wed be able to easily hold 15 lbs of boost with out them?

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
Thanks but I wonder if I could order from dealer here, me being from Canada Shipping would be lots of $$$$$$$ Does it need to be a SVT dealer

Order it from Tousley. The engines are drop shipped from the nearest Ford plant to you that has one in stock and the frieght is determined from that. Doesn't matter if you order it from Steve in Minnesota or if you happen to live in the basement of a dealership, the shipping will be the same. I ordered from Steve and it was drop shipped to me from Los Angeles the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread