04 navigator water pump fit in 01 cobra?

Lundy37

lundy
Established Member
The bearing in my water pump on my 01 cobra is going, making that annoying noise. Going to be replacing my water pump heard I maybe able to use one out of a 04 navigator with the lager caged impeller.
Anyone upgrade their water pump on 99/01 cobra if so what did you use ?
Thanks

4a7191a

Established Member
I'm sure it would fit. On my lightning I ran a 00cobra R water pump , didn't need the fan due to efan setup.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
AFAIK the 04 Navigator pump is about as good as it gets for modular pumps if you don't need a mechanical fan. They have the larger caged impeller and an aluminum body.

omj

Established Member
I have no idea about the Navi pump, but I have a practically new pump and pulley I'll sell for $30 shipped.

Lundy37

lundy
Established Member
I just ordered a new motorcraft water pump. And decided to order steeda under drive pulleys while I replace the pump.
Does anyone know how many gallons of coolant I'll need to replace. Guessing it's around 2 gallons? Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Lundy37

lundy
Established Member
The owners manual says to use
motorcraft premium engine coolant vc-4a(green)
Anyone know the equivalent to that or is that the only option? For my 01 cobra

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Grab some Prestone at the parts store. You'll be fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Nick01cobra

Established Member
I would stay away from the Steeda underdrive pulleys. The previous owner of my 2001 Cobra had them on there and when I removed the oil pump there was quite a bit of damage to the housing. I have heard that underdrive pulleys are not good to run on our cars. At high RPM the oil pumps can fall apart and chunks be delivered through the oil system. Some say to run a fluid dampener and that will fix the issue. That's just what I have heard. What I saw on my oil pump is enough for me to never run them again.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread