06 mustang gt wont start

50hoes

Established Member
So yesterday i wad driving and all of a sudden the car turned off on me and on the dash it said low oil pressure. When i try to start it, it sounds like it cranks but it just wont start up

Chersch74

4V FTW
Established Member
Oil pressure sensor? I do believe that will stop it from starting since reading low oil pressure.

EDIT: have you tried unhooking the battery for a bit then trying it again? May need to clear the computer.

Last edited:

50hoes

Established Member
Oil pressure sensor? I do believe that will stop it from starting since reading low oil pressure.

EDIT: have you tried unhooking the battery for a bit then trying it again? May need to clear the computer.

Everytime i try to start it, it sounds like the battery is dead and ticks for a few sec but its not and then if i keep holding the key it starts trying to start the car but i guess it not letting it happen. I will post a video of what its doing

strangebhavior

Established Member
Mine did that a year ago. Light came on for like a minute and was hard to start. When did get started it had knock. Just pulled motor out and oil pick up full of timing chain guide pieces. Thinking it might have jumped time when low oil. Heads looked fine and puston tops look ok. Knock sounded like coming from bottom end though.

Users who are viewing this thread