10.26 @135MPH ALL MOTOR!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, Shaun, that is awesome. Car is running really strong. 1.42 60' time is awesome, too?

tenor.gif

rotarymagic

Established Member
Not sure if you'll give away all your secrets, but was this on FTW E85 by chance? What was your race weight? Trap RPM?

On a side note, have you ever dealt with a car with the L&M LM1 cams?

Shaun@AED

Yes, this was on FTW fuel, and I'm gunning for a 1.3x 60ft, already been 1.400 and 1.404. Just didn't have the track this time out to do it.

Shaun@AED

Wow.

What is the max RPM you suggest for an engine with a CJ intake?
That depends on the setup. As far as valve float is concerned or other RPM related engine failure I do not see a problem with 8500+ with stock parts.

Shaun@AED

Shaun what are the rules for the class you are running here? What mods are allowed? 135 is a TON of mph.
There are very few racing classes out here, none for a car like this that would be competitive. Most of the classes we build cars for are 4.6-5.4 1/8th mile ET. Typically just weight, tire, and a few other minor rules and they are dominated by Big Block light weight cars. No NMRA type stuff out here.

StupidSlow02gt

Established Member
There are very few racing classes out here, none for a car like this that would be competitive. Most of the classes we build cars for are 4.6-5.4 1/8th mile ET. Typically just weight, tire, and a few other minor rules and they are dominated by Big Block light weight cars. No NMRA type stuff out here.

So for this car specifically are you trying to stay within a certain set of guidelines? Such as going for the fastest NA time with an unopened block or just the fastest NA time period? I'm just wondering because I want to know what exactly you are shooting for and what the goals are.

Shaun@AED

It's an R&D vehicle, specifically bought and modified so I can accurately tune S550s remotely and support customers across the globe with different modifications.
Once the bulk of the NA parts were tested/dialed the car was destined for boost.

Original goals were to run 10's on motor then add boost.
Since then I decided to go for the fastest NA S550, then boost it.
Now the car is so fast the data is pointing towards the potential to do a 9.999 and I might have to try for that in Negative DA before adding boost.

Long term goals are to be competitive in the Boddie Street car class, but that might be too much for this chassis/engine combination. Sac Raceway is closing, at this point I just want to go fast while we still have a track in our back yard.

StupidSlow02gt

Established Member
Unfortunately
It's an R&D vehicle, specifically bought and modified so I can accurately tune S550s remotely and support customers across the globe with different modifications.
Once the bulk of the NA parts were tested/dialed the car was destined for boost.

Original goals were to run 10's on motor then add boost.
Since then I decided to go for the fastest NA S550, then boost it.
Now the car is so fast the data is pointing towards the potential to do a 9.999 and I might have to try for that in Negative DA before adding boost.

Long term goals are to be competitive in the Boddie Street car class, but that might be too much for this chassis/engine combination. Sac Raceway is closing, at this point I just want to go fast while we still have a track in our back yard.

Okay nice man. I guess I was trying to figure out how you came up with 135 and with what limitations. Sounds like your only limitation is NA so all the parts could be heavily ported, 14:1 compression, increased ci, insane rpm, and all that. The 135 is blowing my mind and my calculator isn't happy with it lol

Users who are viewing this thread