11-14 vs 15+ stock clutch

basspro302

Established Member
Looking into part # from ford found out they have different part # for the clutch. Do 15s and up still have high rpm lock out issues? I drove my buddy's 16 and it shifted smooth at 7200. I'm just wondering if they changed the pressure plate and if that would be a possible solution to my lockout issue.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Same problem. Still hit or miss. I had two blue '13 GT's. One with lockout, one without. Had it intermittently on my Boss. McLeod RST/Flywheel ended that.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Nope. But I spend a lot of time on the 15+ forum and see the same probs we have. Went straight to the McLeod.

basspro302

Established Member
I can replace the clutch in no time at my shop. Its really irritating that ford hasnt fixed this issue. I probably will go with an rst. Its just one more step towards not being a daily driver. Im kicking myself for not buying an auto but im a die hard manual guy.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
I dd my car. Other than some noises and chatter (not enough rpm at take off) there's no way this clutch effects daily driving. I do recommend a Steeda clutch assist spring. It will make relearning the Clutch engagement so much easier.

There are single disc options out there that do not have some of these issues. The Dual clutches are mainly for high HP applications. Do some more research if you plan on staying na. Good luck

StalkerStang

Established Member
I DD my 11 with the RST, and I deal with traffic too. It drives just the same as the stock clutch, no noise, mild chatter only under high load situations. No low rpm bucking though... smooth as he'll. I also have the Steeda clutch assist spring, not as stiff as the stock spring but still enough assist to not have a sloppy pedal.

I would still use the RST no matter if n/a or otherwise. My 11 only makes 440 wheel n/a, I had an upgraded single disc first and wish I never wasted time and money on it. Now with the RST.... should have done it first.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread