11 GT, GT350 intake - bittersweet times

StalkerStang

Established Member
My 11 GT, 3.73 car, MT82, Brembo wheels with regular tires. Borla ATAK cat back, JLT intake, GT350 manifold, stock TB, tuned locally.

Previous best with the stock intake, car went 12.61@ 111 w/ a 1.99 60. This was at Wild Horse Pass in Chandler, 1100 DA. Recently ran it at Tucson Dragway and my best of the night with the GT350 manifold was 12.64@ 114 w/ a 1.95 60, nearly ran 115 mph on another pass.

I'm glad it picked up mph and now I don't have to shift to 5th with the extra rpm from the GT350 intake, but a bit bummed I couldn't get a better ET. I know the DA is higher at Tucson but still.....

Later that night, a buddy let me run his 18 in M&H radials, but I couldn't make them work (totally my fault), bog or spin, shitty burnouts, etc. Ran my best time on the stock wheels/tires lol. This is my first Coyote and first S197, and really surprised how easily they fall on their face below 5K..... still learning it.

Last edited:

Jdm351

Established Member
My 11 GT, 3.73 car, MT82, Brembo wheels with regular tires. Borla ATAK cat back, JLT intake, GT350 manifold, stock TB, tuned locally.

Previous best with the stock intake, car went 12.61@ 111 w/ a 1.99 60. This was at Wild Horse Pass in Chandler, 1100 DA. Recently ran it at Tucson Dragway and my best of the night with the GT350 manifold was 12.64@ 114 w/ a 1.95 60, nearly ran 115 mph on another pass.

I'm glad it picked up mph and now I don't have to shift to 5th with the extra rpm from the GT350 intake, but a bit bummed I couldn't get a better ET. I know the DA is higher at Tucson but still.....

Later that night, a buddy let me run his 18 in M&H radials, but I couldn't make them work (totally my fault), bog or spin, shitty burnouts, etc. Ran my best time on the stock wheels/tires lol. This is my first Coyote and first S197, and really surprised how easily they fall on their face below 5K..... still learning it.
Who tuned it? What is the 1/8th mile before and after?

StalkerStang

Established Member
Bill Messer at AEM in Chandler.

At Wild Horse before the GT350 intake was [email protected]
At Tucson after the intake, [email protected]

I don't know how much of a factor the elevation played into it, but it is odd I'm roughly 3 mph faster through the 1/4 but 3 mph slower at the 1/8.... I'd like to run it at Wild Horse in March to make a better comparison....

StalkerStang

Established Member
I need more time to learn them than what I had that night. I was bogging big time with them and then spinning because I couldn't keep them spinning long enough in the burnout box.

I know what needs to be done, just ran out of time.

Users who are viewing this thread