13/14 gt500 axle back vs flow master american thunders

Willmkent

Established Member
Hey Guys,

So I installed flow master american thunder series AXLE back and i really enjoy the sound, but recently I have lusted after the quad tip look with the gt500 rear valance.

Wondering if anyone could compare to me the two? would the gt500 axle back be as loud or quieter than the flows? The reason why I ask is because I really don't have any plan to change mid or headers because the car just gets way too loud. I live in a condo and my neighbors would kill me let alone the constant drone.... Every video I watch someone has more than just the axle backs

Thanks in advance
-Will

Stang Lover

Established Member
The quad GT500's are pretty tame actually or at least they are to me. Sound good no drone. If you want to go full exhaust or just catless midpipe I would go GT500 mufflers single or quad tip. They are the best muffler IMO for coyotes besides corsa, borla s, and dynomax. My GT500 have ZERO drone and I have catless mid and they are not obnoxiously loud.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
On my 13' 5.0, I started off with Outlaws, switch to the American Thunders, then to the GT500 mufflers. The GT500's were much better sounding and made a lot less noise. They were by far my favorite. I would recommend them to anyone.

spectreman

Established Member
I have the quads with no resonators and they sound really good.

This, yes. I had the GT500 mufflers on my '14- sounded great, not too loud but defintiely a 100% improvement over stock. IMHO, these are the mufflers that should've been standard on the GT. I wish I had removed my car's resonators as every time I heard that set up, I got a little dizzy- best sounding exhaust set-up, period, and no drone.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I had the Borla atak's and they sounded great. Went catless and it was def too loud. I swapped to the GT500 axle back and would never swap them. Def the best sound. I have longtubes and anx pipe and it's still tamed and sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread