13-6 Kit hitting 200mph: Chime In

RangerDLA

Established Member
I'm curious. Has anyone with a 13-6 kit with or without a pulley hit 200mph? If not, what's the top speed everyone has seen with their respective GT500's? I'm curious how much the extra HP I have with the kit (13-6 w/o pulley) will help achieve 200mph.

ThomasL

Established Member
Yeah you could eventually hit 200 given a long enough stretch of road. But that kit alone won't be enough to hit 200 in a sanctioned mile event. To go for 200 on a public stretch of road that will need to be over a mile long is a death wish IMO.

RangerDLA

Established Member
I agree. I am just curious as to if 200 can be hit in two miles rather than in 4-6 like it took Ford when it was stock.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Derek hit 193 in his with a 13-6 kit in a standing mile. So I'd feel comfortable saying around 1.5 miles. Hot Rod hit 185-ish in the Mojave Magnum mile and a half event in a bone stock car. So 1.5 easy.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I did 187mph on my way to Vagas, but I had my pulley, tune 127MM intake and my 67mm TB, but everything else was stock. I will say that speed is a little crazy.

efroeh

Established Member
Damn!! Was still climbing pretty good!! Whats done to it?

found this on the comments on the you tube video

at the time of this run, this car had a custom revan racing 13-6 kit
which includes, 15% lower pulley, ford racing twin 65mm TB, off road H-pipe, 127mm JLT CAI, and Lund racing tuned for MS109 race fuel

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
found this on the comments on the you tube video

at the time of this run, this car had a custom revan racing 13-6 kit
which includes, 15% lower pulley, ford racing twin 65mm TB, off road H-pipe, 127mm JLT CAI, and Lund racing tuned for MS109 race fuel

I was wondering what a 13-6 consisted of. Now i know. Thanks!

Van@RevanRacing

Derek has the fastest mile with the 13-6 Kit. In his case he opted for the optional 15% OD lower pulley at the time and a race gas tune for MS109 Race Fuel and an off road H Pipe.

With all of that said, I am confident that we could get very close to 200 MPH with long tube headers, 10% or 15% OD, E-85 or Race Gas Tune and the trunk mounted Ice Cell with a 55 GPM Pump with the correct hose routing. These cars lose so much timing by the end of the mile. Everything is there up until about the 1/2 mile and then temperatures skyrocket between the 1/2 mile and 1 mile mark. When this happens it pulls timing dramatically.

Van

BlueAngel2014

Established Member
then temperatures skyrocket between the 1/2 mile and 1 mile mark. When this happens it pulls timing dramatically.

Van

Van,

What temps skyrocket? Coolant, oil, etc.? Off the bat, I'm guessing coolant, which can be fixed with a bigger radiator and running pure water with a 40 pound pressure cap.

Thanks,

Mike

paluka21

Established Member
Van,

What temps skyrocket? Coolant, oil, etc.? Off the bat, I'm guessing coolant, which can be fixed with a bigger radiator and running pure water with a 40 pound pressure cap.

Thanks,

Mike

Using a methanol kit like Snow Performance or Alky Control would work well too.

Van@RevanRacing

Using a methanol kit like Snow Performance or Alky Control would work well too.

Not as well as the ice cell. We've tried them all. With and without Meth, Water/Meth, with and without the ice cell.

End of the day the ice cell with the 55 GPM pump and correctly plumbing will out perform any meth kit on any day in a mile race.

Derek probably hates the day he met me. I've fed his addiction like Rick James!!

[video=youtube;zPhXzCCYVvA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPhXzCCYVvA[/video]

Then after a built L&M Engine, Kenne Bell 3.6 LC Supercharger, E-85 Return Style Fuel System, Suspension Mods and well, just plain old going nuts..........

[video=youtube;ySM2H8MOvXY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySM2H8MOvXY[/video]

Last edited:

Derek5774

Established Member
I'm curious. Has anyone with a 13-6 kit with or without a pulley hit 200mph? If not, what's the top speed everyone has seen with their respective GT500's? I'm curious how much the extra HP I have with the kit (13-6 w/o pulley) will help achieve 200mph.

My 13-6 kit setup could hit 200 MPH in about 1.25 miles from a dry stop. That's the most I'm going to say about that.

If I remember correctly I believe one of Derek's videos shows him keeping his foot in it past the 1 mile finish (I'm sure he simply missed the little finish flag at that speed ;-) ) and hitting 200.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwfbOOhbRvU

I had held the throttle a bit past the mile unintentionally because the big mile sign I was accustomed to seeing out my peripheral vision had fell down from the wind. They told me it was down before I ran so I was ready and when I saw the flashing lights I let off. For those that don't know, there are lights past the mile sign that are really visible and they flash soon as you cross the mile mark to alert you.

Derek hit 193 in his with a 13-6 kit in a standing mile. So I'd feel comfortable saying around 1.5 miles. Hot Rod hit 185-ish in the Mojave Magnum mile and a half event in a bone stock car. So 1.5 easy.

I would expect 200 MPH with a 13-6 kit and 1.5 miles of room to accelerate. In my opinion the 13-6 kit has more than 193 in a mile. Would love to have another shot at it now that I have a lot more passes under my belt.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread