14-15psi On3 '97 vs bolt on GTR

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I'm gonna need more details on your car....that GTR should be a mid 130 car.

NosLaser

Established Member
He said it ran high 10's, I didn't ask mph. He has an E85 setup on it but said he was running pump and I believe him.

Cobra is the 76mm On3 kit, 60lb injectors, walboro 450 in tank, pump gas, 3.73's (was a blower car before), valeo clutch, has MMR h beams and Diamond -5cc dished pistons, tuned with sct, running 14-15psi. No dyno numbers or track times yet. Setup is pretty basic.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Your car runs hard. Nice kill. 60 MPH is honestly the worst starting mph for a stock engine / turbo GTR. Doesn't matter though because you would have pulled anyways.

NosLaser

Established Member
Your car runs hard. Nice kill. 60 MPH is honestly the worst starting mph for a stock engine / turbo GTR. Doesn't matter though because you would have pulled anyways.

Thanks man. We did another run from 50, but I was at 3k rpm in 3rd (I should have been in 2nd but with the trans acting up I didn't want to chance it) and he got way out and I couldn't reel him all the way in. He mentioned 50 was a better starting speed for him so that lines up exactly with what you said.

NosLaser

Established Member
A pic of the car since it was in car video, at least you'll know what it looks like.

akzbr9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread