14 2.9 Whipple power numbers?

Fdlp83

The whine & cheese party
Established Member
Howdy, everyone! So I'm very close to getting my car back. Got the motor built, with a 10:1 compression ratio. Also installing a Whipple Stage III kit. I can only run 91 octane for now. The car already had long tube headers & full exhaust. Installing a UPR radiator as well, along with a Dana Spicer one-piece driveshaft....
Anybody running a similar setup? What kind of dyno numbers were seen? The 11-14 whipple kits come with 58 lbs injectors. Would I see better numbers if I swapped to 78 lbs injectors? Thanks in advance for the input.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
No power gain with larger injectors. Your 91 and lower compression will hinder you but the exhaust will help. I'd supplement with Torco/Octanium if it were me. I'm sure you're getting a custom tune because the Whipple tune won't work with headers.

I would guess 600-620 to the tire.

Fdlp83

The whine & cheese party
Established Member
No power gain with larger injectors. Your 91 and lower compression will hinder you but the exhaust will help. I'd supplement with Torco/Octanium if it were me. I'm sure you're getting a custom tune because the Whipple tune won't work with headers.

I would guess 600-620 to the tire.
620 would be awesome! I'd actually like to get to 650 at least. I know that'll be tough on 91 pump... but I'd like to go with bigger injectors, and whipple said that -depending what my tuner says also- I may be able to go to a 3.5" pulley... I guess, we'll find out.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
620 on a mustang Dyno is a lot more on a Dyno jet. If they rev it past 7k it will also yield higher numbers. So many factors effect Dyno numbers, open airbox, DA, gear selection (5th preferred).

You'll need a return fuel system if you want to run a 3.5. Start with a 3.65 and your BAP. That's what I'm going to start with in the Whipple tune. Shortly after that, ID1050x injectors and a return system. That's my advice. Or you could go all out and get a 10 rib system and ID1300's and go for broke!

Fdlp83

The whine & cheese party
Established Member
620 on a mustang Dyno is a lot more on a Dyno jet. If they rev it past 7k it will also yield higher numbers. So many factors effect Dyno numbers, open airbox, DA, gear selection (5th preferred).

You'll need a return fuel system if you want to run a 3.5. Start with a 3.65 and your BAP. That's what I'm going to start with in the Whipple tune. Shortly after that, ID1050x injectors and a return system. That's my advice. Or you could go all out and get a 10 rib system and ID1300's and go for broke!
I'm not too worried on the built motor, as far as pushing a little more, in relation to revving a little higher. The kit already comes with a BAP. I would love to go for E85, it's just so very scarce in my city. You'd figure, in a town of a million, there'd be more E85 stations.
Alas, 91 will have to do for the time being. And how much difference does a 10-rib make anyway?

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Octane is your limiting factor. Detonation will kill your motor, built or not. The 10 rib will allow you to run the most boost without slippage.

Fdlp83

The whine & cheese party
Established Member
Octane is your limiting factor. Detonation will kill your motor, built or not. The 10 rib will allow you to run the most boost without slippage.
Yeah, that blasted detonation...
Ya know, I live in texas... and why we don't have 93 is beyond me! Shit town...
Hmm.... 10 rib doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Users who are viewing this thread