'17 ZL1 and '17 Ford GT @ Mid Ohio

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member

The driver (Luke McGrew) is actually a good driver. Guy has a Gen V ACR too that he hauls ass in. Can only imagine Luke on the FGT.

blk02edge

Established Member
Wonder if that's a customer GT? I'd be scared to have that thing on track with other cars.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Love it.

Just shows how badass the regular ZL1 is to be keeping up with Ford's GT.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Love it.

Just shows how badass the regular ZL1 is to be keeping up with Ford's GT.

Without talking to the drivers it is hard to say what is what and who was fast. The GT stayed in front BUT I would be terrified to push someone's $400K Ford GT too even if I was faster.

Without talking to the guys driving I don't think it's any kind of competition. Geez I've ran in the B group with the girls before, but it didn't mean anything besides I was just a noob.

Most fast cars are dedicated track cars.

E

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
A lot of white knighting going on already.

Ok guys, the ZL1 was a turd.

Surprised the ZL1 didn't overheat and explode.

Nah... 350s taking care of that already. Lol

joe-charles-in-his-2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-that-caught-fire-during-track-day_100559714_m.jpg

joe-charles-in-his-2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-that-caught-fire-during-track-day_100559715_h.jpg

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
How accurate is the brake meter on those displays? It never seemed like the ZL1 driver was ever hard on the brakes behind the GT, and I imagine the GT would be able to out brake the ZL1 any day of the week. I would also think it would be able to out accelerate it, too.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Driver of the GT is fast. Being as careful as you'd expect with his personal car. Nobody wants to write off a $500k car. He's got multiple track cars if he wants to go 10/10ths.

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
How do you know who's driving thr GT ? He might be a pro driver for all you know, I'd be pissed to keep looking up and seeing a Camaro on my ass.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Driver of the GT is fast. Being as careful as you'd expect with his personal car. Nobody wants to write off a $500k car. He's got multiple track cars if he wants to go 10/10ths.

Given that this car is super rare and very expensive, what is the likelihood that we see owners really push these cars? It's not like most other cars that you can just replace if you bang it up.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Given that this car is super rare and very expensive, what is the likelihood that we see owners really push these cars? It's not like most other cars that you can just replace if you bang it up.

Plenty of people will drive them. They'll be reticent to beat the shit out of them at the track though. Not easy to replace, and even if you could, costly.

We've got a track day next month and we'll probably have 8-9 out there, but I don't think anyone will be going in with a mind to try and find the limit. This guy will be there, wanted to go to Mid-Ohio to get some seat time prior.

blk02edge

Established Member
A lot of white knighting going on already.

Ok guys, the ZL1 was a turd.

Nah... 350s taking care of that already. Lol

joe-charles-in-his-2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-that-caught-fire-during-track-day_100559714_m.jpg

joe-charles-in-his-2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-that-caught-fire-during-track-day_100559715_h.jpg
Don't be so sensitive, you really think this was an all out battle? lol

Users who are viewing this thread