'17 ZL1 and '17 Ford GT @ Mid Ohio

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't be so sensitive, you really think this was an all out battle? lol

Why so defensive and quick to jump to conclusions?

DBK himself came in here and stated that the GT guy can drive. What else do you want to hear?

Perhaps the GT was only firing on 4 cylinders? Lol :confused:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I know Luke Personally. He actually dated my wife in HS, LOL. He is a really really good driver. Been doing this for years and has had some awesome cars. I lost track of him a few years ago, but I see him out and about in town from time to time.

And in any case, just look at the straights... Driving aside, it doesn't take a real wheel man to go straight fast.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Zyborg knows whats up, if the ZL1 can keep up, the ZL1 1LE will beat a new GT. The new GT doesnt even have a time in the Ring!

Thank you... Thank you! But I wouldnt say all that... lol

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Love it.

Just shows how badass the regular ZL1 is to be keeping up with Ford's GT.

I agree with the others. It was less the ZL1 "keeping up" and more the GT driver taking it easy. The GT is literally a race car converted to a street car. I don't think there'll be any non-exotic street cars hanging with that thing on a track.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with the others. It was less the ZL1 "keeping up" and more the GT driver taking it easy. The GT is literally a race car converted to a street car. I don't think there'll be any non-exotic street cars hanging with that thing on a track.

I doubt it.

Im thinking a ACR-E would hurt some Ford loyal feelings.

Z06

Established Member
2 cars intended for track, putting to use! GT sure does pull on those straights!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I doubt it.

Im thinking a ACR-E would hurt some Ford loyal feelings.
Lol I would consider the ACR-E to be somewhat exotic. In race trim it's not even street legal.

Why does everyone play down that car? It's less run of the mill than a lot of other serious cars out there.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The ACR-E is ridiculous, and would run with a new FGT on almost any <2mile track if the straights aren't too long.

But let's be honest...even @ZYBORG knows that the FGT would run away from the Camaro lol

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol I would consider the ACR-E to be somewhat exotic. In race trim it's not even street legal.

Why does everyone play down that car? It's less run of the mill than a lot of other serious cars out there.

Sorry meng, Viper is not an exotic. Viper is just one BADASS sports car, that just happens to humble a many exotics. ;)

Ford has the only exotic right now.

The ACR-E is ridiculous, and would run with a new FGT on almost any <2mile track if the straights aren't too long.

But let's be honest...even @ZYBORG knows that the FGT would run away from the Camaro lol

Im not saying that it wouldnt. Just saying that in this particular video, the non track oriented ZL1 is not doing too bad.

CO Mack

Established Member
Impressed with the slushbox in the Camaro.

FGT looked like it was being driven at "on the phone with my broker" intensity. :) When he let it start to go through some of those transitions and got in to it early enough for a decent drive it was FAST.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
If it was a gt350 following the gt, almost everyone in this thread would be saying what zyborg posted.

mrlrd1

Established Member
Given that this car is super rare and very expensive, what is the likelihood that we see owners really push these cars? It's not like most other cars that you can just replace if you bang it up.

Plenty of people will drive them. They'll be reticent to beat the shit out of them at the track though. Not easy to replace, and even if you could, costly.

We've got a track day next month and we'll probably have 8-9 out there, but I don't think anyone will be going in with a mind to try and find the limit. This guy will be there, wanted to go to Mid-Ohio to get some seat time prior.

God forbid they should have to push their half million dollar exotic unicorn race car to it's limits just to stay in front of a Camaro, and not even the top of the line Camaro at that.

jleews6

Established Member
There must have been have been something wrong with the GT or the driver was just going easy because no way could a ZL1 stay with it. Maybe it had some bad gas or his ecoboost didn't kick in.

blk02edge

Established Member
Why so defensive and quick to jump to conclusions?

DBK himself came in here and stated that the GT guy can drive. What else do you want to hear?

Perhaps the GT was only firing on 4 cylinders? Lol :confused:
Jump to conclusions says the guy who thinks the zl1 is impressive for keeping up with a GT LOL. DBK said he's a good driver, not driving at or near 100% in a near irreplaceable car. Get real.. but I know you won't

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
No, he was definitely not driving at or near 100%. It's actually a tough car for him to drive period because he's pretty tall and proportionally all torso, and therefore can't fit in the car with a helmet, so he doesn't have a seat bottom in the car right now.

blk02edge

Established Member
No, he was definitely not driving at or near 100%. It's actually a tough car for him to drive period because he's pretty tall and proportionally all torso, and therefore can't fit in the car with a helmet, so he doesn't have a seat bottom in the car right now.
He should have bought a camaro then, am I right zyborg?

:p

blk02edge

Established Member
Personally, I have accepted an offer to trade my GT for 27 Camaro ZL1s. I plan on daisy chaining them together to create a Super Camaro. 9 will be white. The remaining 18 will be black and form a mullet on the road.
Incredible, I look forward to pics lol

Users who are viewing this thread