17x10 LMR 10th Anniversary wheels...

Systemax302

Established Member
So I just picked up a 2003 10th Anniversary car in silver.
After getting the car I realized how good it looked with the factory 10th wheels on it, but I'd like to run a 10" rear wheel with maybe a 315 tire if I can mount one on a 10" wheel rather than a 10.5".
LMR sells the 17x10 version, but I'm curious if the color is an exact match, or at least close enough that you won't see the difference. I called LMR and they were non-committal regarding the color match, but the guy I spoke to did say the factory SVT center cap won't fit the wheels, which does suck if true.
Just wondering if any of you guys have any personal experience with this or any advice.
In the event that I stay with the factory 17x9's, what's the widest tire I can put on the 9" wheel?

Thanks everyone.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
No, but people have since these cars came out

Edit: NT555R run a little narrow so that's why, and the only 315 you "can" run on 9"w

OldYeller

Established Member
Premium Member
I can’t speak to color match, but it is correct the factory caps won’t fit their wheels. However I was successful in removing the SVT from the factory cap and replacing the SVE on the ones that came with LMR’s wheels.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I had gotten stock look 10.5 and my center cap fit..

as to look vs stock..you would need to look very close to see differance is wheel..

I had my 315s on stock before getting wheels..

they were a pita to get on,and I felt a lot of side wall rock side to side.

badmpg03

Established Member
Yeah I don't think I'll try putting a 315 on the stock wheels honestly.

Car had a 315 on a stock wheel a long time ago when I bought it and would not recommend it.
Car felt much more stable when I switched to 275 NT01 and 555’s

Discount tire also won’t mount a 315 on 9” wheel for liability reasons

If you want to hook it’s more about the tire compound / sidewall than how wide the tire

Systemax302

Established Member
Car had a 315 on a stock wheel a long time ago when I bought it and would not recommend it.
Car felt much more stable when I switched to 275 NT01 and 555’s

Discount tire also won’t mount a 315 on 9” wheel for liability reasons

If you want to hook it’s more about the tire compound / sidewall than how wide the tire
Yeah I'm not worried about gaining traction so much as I like the look of the staggered size wheel/tire with a 315. I need wider rears, soon lol

srtlat

Established Member
Had these painted to match og 10th wheels

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1532830728617.jpg
    FB_IMG_1532830728617.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 74

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Congrats on the new ride, Systemax!

10.5" would be ideal for wear and contact patch purposes, but you can safely run tire size 315/35R-17 on a 10-inch wide wheel.

Systemax302

Established Member

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Alright, I'll check them out. I do prefer the deep lip on the rears though.
Did the factory SVT center caps fit on those? I'd like to retain that.

They're the right diameter, but not long enough to engage the back of the wheel. Once again, people have made their OEM center caps work. I tried to make the factory ones work and ruined two of them before I gave up.

I ended up just buying the all black center caps from AM and was done with it.

Systemax302

Established Member
They're the right diameter, but not long enough to engage the back of the wheel. Once again, people have made their OEM center caps work. I tried to make the factory ones work and ruined two of them before I gave up.

I ended up just buying the all black center caps from AM and was done with it.
Yeah... I'm probably gonna have to go a different direction with this I guess. Thanks for the info.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Yeah that thought crossed my mind also, not sure what the cost on something like that would be though and I need the wheels lol

Im not far from you. If you ever want to see the AM 10th wheels in person, and compare them to your stock ones, I'd be happy to meet up somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread