1985 GT build thread.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
@suicidekings well that was just badass. I can't imagine how hard it was not to wanna rev it up inside that building lol.
Out of all of the pictures, the one with your old man is the best. Maybe it's because of the work you guys did together and that was your reward (cruising in myrtle)

LOL, I wanted to so bad! and yeah, that was the best part, ripping shit with my dad cracking up the whole time. it was great.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! WELL DESERVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you sir!

Silver95

Established Member
Very cool man. Your engine bay was an inspiration for me to get my engine bay done with more powder coated pieces!

Is your rad bracket made by UPR??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Very cool man. Your engine bay was an inspiration for me to get my engine bay done with more powder coated pieces!

Is your rad bracket made by UPR??

Thanks man, appreciate it. I honestly dont recall who makes it, but it very well could be UPR. There was two options, a half and a full length one. this is the full.

Silver95

Established Member
Yup that’s the one I got at the powder coater right now.

Also, how did you manage to go so low in the front?! Did you make any adjustments to your fenders or the liner ?

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Yup that’s the one I got at the powder coater right now.

Also, how did you manage to go so low in the front?! Did you make any adjustments to your fenders or the liner ?

Front fenders are left alone and I don't run fender liners. The car will never see rain so I left them off. Its all in the wheel offset, normally these would poke out a little further but I had them machined to bring them in a tad, that allows them to tuck up into the fender.

Silver95

Established Member
Front fenders are left alone and I don't run fender liners. The car will never see rain so I left them off. Its all in the wheel offset, normally these would poke out a little further but I had them machined to bring them in a tad, that allows them to tuck up into the fender.

I’m very curious to see how my CCWs fit up front. 5.5” back spacing on a 8.5” Wide wheel. I’d be thrilled to be able to go that low. Looks amazing man.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
I’m very curious to see how my CCWs fit up front. 5.5” back spacing on a 8.5” Wide wheel. I’d be thrilled to be able to go that low. Looks amazing man.

So based on my calculations, my 8.5" front wheel had a 25mm offset. I milled off .100" which is about 2.5mm. This would give me 27.5mm offset.

Convert that to backspacing and that equals 5.83"

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
So what offset and back spacing did you end up front and rear ?

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
So what offset and back spacing did you end up front and rear ?

Front is above, but for the rear the factory offset was 20mm, so with the .100" that would be about 22.5mm offset which would calculate to about 6.39" backspacing.

So for those joining late to the party and for my math in the future when I go to buy another set of custom wheels.

18x8.5 custom offset calculated to 27.5mm offset or 5.83" BS
18x10 custom offset calculated to 22.5mm offset or 6.39" BS

Users who are viewing this thread