1997 with Vortech T trim - smoked motor

HiPlains

Established Member
Well, I smoked the motor ...built motor with vortech T trim. Local shop just tore apart the motor...all that will survive is the block and rods. I new heads complete ( recommended porte and polished for big $$$, 40-60 hp gain), new pistons, bore and hone, cams, timing kit...the work done on it 14 years ago was crap. My builder is confident that this can be re-built better than ever, but will cost me big time.

In addition, I'm having up swap out the exhaust with BBK off road X and Maganflows Comp series exhaust. Not stopping there, relacing clutch with McLeod and MGW comfort handle shifter, and new guages. New chip is in and partially tuned...to be completed when motor is done. God, whole project will be $10K.

Based on prior dyno runs, my goal is to hit 600 rwhp. This car was damn fast when i had piston slap, burning oil, drifitng cam shaft, etc.....I can't wait til its done.

My engine builder advised me that i had several options for the heads...i really don't want to spend $3800 for top of the line ported heads. will have more details after taking to him tomorrow on which heads he quoted. Not sure how much can be saved on the head job, but I want the car done right and since I already have the dollars invested in the motor tear out.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Don't bother wasting money on B heads. Make the switch to C heads and just have a valve job done. You'll gain more usable power and save a shit ton of money.

Users who are viewing this thread