1999 Mustang GT 35th Anniversary Edition

mostang said:
Were there options on the 35th? Like spoiler, hood cowl, and side scoops?
I also had a 99 GT and everything on it was different.
My spoiler attached to the trunk at each end, the cowl was recesed and the side scoops were smaller.
Did you mod all this stuff too or did someone sell you a 01-02 with different badges??
No, all this is stock but you had to mention you wanted the 1999 Mustang GT 35th Anniversary EDITION not just the regular GT. It is different from the regular 1999 mustang v6s, GTs, and Cobras... The option for this car was almost $3,000 more on MSRP than the regular GT because of all the upgrades and they only made a certain number of these cars in 1999, im thinking 4628 of them so they are pretty rare. If you want more information on it, go to www.mustang35th.com and it will tell you all about it!

Last edited:
Ballistik8 said:
Nice lookin GT...But do the grille delete and chin spoiler...it wont scrape, and if it does, its made to do so...the markings (if any) will be too small to see. My buddies 03 has scrapes up and down his spoiler after cutting a 1/2 spring on his steedas, and you have to be 1/2 ft away to see them.
What emblem should I get for the grill, or should I just stay with the chrome pony? Also do I have to drill any holes to put in the chin spoiler? I think im going to get them pretty soon, my birthday is tomorrow!!!

pottsy

Established Member
I would go with Hooker or BBK for the longtubes. Nice pics BTW, I love that color! :coolman:

HoustonGT

Established Member
Red99mustangman said:
What emblem should I get for the grill, or should I just stay with the chrome pony? Also do I have to drill any holes to put in the chin spoiler? I think im going to get them pretty soon, my birthday is tomorrow!!!
Badass! My b-day is tomorrow too :thumbsup: The big 1 9 I'll always have a special place in my heart for 99's....I miss the GT :( . If i can't get a 98 or 99 Cobra, im gonna try and pick up a Silver or Black 99 Anniversary Edition. How many miles you got on it?

Right now, just went over 65,000, so alot...... It is my daily driver though so that explains why the high miles. Its still is like brand new though!

mostang

Established Member
Red99mustangman said:
No, all this is stock but you had to mention you wanted the 1999 Mustang GT 35th Anniversary EDITION not just the regular GT. It is different from the regular 1999 mustang v6s, GTs, and Cobras... The option for this car was almost $3,000 more on MSRP than the regular GT because of all the upgrades and they only made a certain number of these cars in 1999, im thinking 4628 of them so they are pretty rare. If you want more information on it, go to www.mustang35th.com and it will tell you all about it!

So you removed the center stripe down the hood or was it off when you bought it???
You might want to see about registering it with the 35th Anv. club and have them check your vin.
You might be mistaken. What is the build date on the door.

HoustonGT

Established Member
mostang said:
So you removed the center stripe down the hood or was it off when you bought it???
You might want to see about registering it with the 35th Anv. club and have them check your vin.
Uhh, the center stripe is there in the pics. Take a second look, im sure you'll notice them. Looks like a genuine 35th Special Edition...the interior would give it away anyways.

mostang said:
The stripe is on there.....

RiffRaff04

Established Member
Good looking ride, very clean. I always loved my 99gt(when I had it). I have to agree with what was said earlier, it would look great with the Mach1 shin spoiler.

mostang

Established Member
Red99mustangman said:
The stripe is on there.....

My bad, I must have had my head up my ass. I do like the true 35th Anv better than the regular 99 I had. You don't see to many of them and I live in Cali where there are a lot of Mustangs.
I recently got rid of mine though when I bought a new house. Really gonna miss the top down driving when it warms up and quits raining. But I'm saving for an L anyway.

HoustonGT said:
Badass! My b-day is tomorrow too :thumbsup: The big 1 9 I'll always have a special place in my heart for 99's....I miss the GT :( . If i can't get a 98 or 99 Cobra, im gonna try and pick up a Silver or Black 99 Anniversary Edition. How many miles you got on it?
Hey how was your birthday?!?!

HoustonGT

Established Member
Red99mustangman said:
Hey how was your birthday?!?!
Had a blast. A bunch of friends (about 15) came by the house and we grilled and drank all night long. Had a fun time and got some money. Funniest present was from my best friend...It was a hoodie that said "Soldiers Need Hummers...please help support the cause" :lol1: . Parents gave me a few hundred too, so now i got even more money to mod the next Stang. How was yours?

HoustonGT said:
Had a blast. A bunch of friends (about 15) came by the house and we grilled and drank all night long. Had a fun time and got some money. Funniest present was from my best friend...It was a hoodie that said "Soldiers Need Hummers...please help support the cause" :lol1: . Parents gave me a few hundred too, so now i got even more money to mod the next Stang. How was yours?
Not too bad, although it was not as fun as yours. I did get to go out to dinner with the entire family so that was good. The funniest gift i got was a Lacucaracha horn that you put in your car, but i doubt i will put it in my stang, just isnt right. I have always wanted one of those things though, ever since i saw that movie Wrongfully Accused with leslie nielson. I also got money as well which will probably towards some part for the stang, and my sisters bought me the grill delete kit and the Mach 1 Chin spoiler!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread