1st time on bias ply...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Couldn’t watch the vid yet but I’d be shocked you hurt 35 splines. Maybe the diff but I’d wait and see. If you otherwise enjoy the car may just need some suspension help or a 2-step to help consistency. The launch technique seems like it caused it?
-J

kwarnerjr

Established Member
Couldn’t watch the vid yet but I’d be shocked you hurt 35 splines. Maybe the diff but I’d wait and see. If you otherwise enjoy the car may just need some suspension help or a 2-step to help consistency. The launch technique seems like it caused it?
-J

I’m near certain the axle bent...the rear squeaks with the revolving of the wheels...the squeak gets louder on turns or if you lightly apply the break.

The launch definitely killed them. I usually pulse between 2-3k but to get the 1.69 60’ I amped it up pulsing around 4k....then on the next pass I got greedy and tried for more...on the take off it sounded more violent (smack) the wheels either were spinning or wrinkling (or both) for a second and then it hooked up and took off propelling forward. The start felt weird in a bad way so I let off and cruised down to the end. Got to the end and made the turn to return and *squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak...*

Current suspension/drivetrain:
BMR lower adjustable c-arms - half poly half rod end
BMR upper c-arm - poly
BMR panhard bar & support - poly
BMR lower c-arm relocation brackets
An axle brace
3:73 gears
Spec ST-trim
MT 28.5” tall bias plys
Strange 35 s-trac/axles with c-clip eliminators
Welded axle tubes

I just can’t help but think that the Strange parts should have held up to the task despite the higher launch. I’m not sure what the 35 axles are rated for though. At the end of the day physics is a cutthroat SOB I guess.

Going to talk to the shop I’ve been using today about it and hopefully reach out to Strange. As far as selling the car I doubt I’ll do that, but I am frustrated with it to say the least. May just hang up the bias plys and move over to the other side of the track for HPDE track day type events and turn some corners.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Yeah, sounds like the bent axle squeak of doom. Get it to a shop and have em run the car in the air. Youll find out real fast which one is bent.

Hate to say it, but that launch was pretty aggressive. What PSI were you running in your bias plys? Too much and they might not have had a chance to wrinkle and let the sidewall absorb some of the hit.

What clutch material are you running in your Spec? I swear, ceramic clutches are such pains in the asses... Im starting to hate my RXT lol. Its a damn on/off clutch in a high stress launch situation with no launch controller.

Unless you hate the car, dont sell it. You have a few options:

1: Gear down to 4.10 and drop a few PSI in the rear. Ive got 4.10's and I love em.

2: Upgrade your timing system with billet stuff and OPGs, upgrade pivot pins and start running a 2 step launch controller to make the initial hit easier on your driveline

***edit*** Dont all Trinity cars have on board launch control? If so USE IT.

3. Time for a 15% lower or a TVS 2650. Leave the line easier and have enough power to kill it at the big end.

Hard to say how Strange will respond. A 4k dump will break stuff real fast, no matter how beefy it is.

kwarnerjr

Established Member
Yeah, sounds like the bent axle squeak of doom. Get it to a shop and have em run the car in the air. Youll find out real fast which one is bent.

Hate to say it, but that launch was pretty aggressive. What PSI were you running in your bias plys? Too much and they might not have had a chance to wrinkle and let the sidewall absorb some of the hit.

What clutch material are you running in your Spec? I swear, ceramic clutches are such pains in the asses... Im starting to hate my RXT lol. Its a damn on/off clutch in a high stress launch situation with no launch controller.

Unless you hate the car, dont sell it. You have a few options:

1: Gear down to 4.10 and drop a few PSI in the rear. Ive got 4.10's and I love em.

2: Upgrade your timing system with billet stuff and OPGs, upgrade pivot pins and start running a 2 step launch controller to make the initial hit easier on your driveline

***edit*** Dont all Trinity cars have on board launch control? If so USE IT.

3. Time for a 15% lower or a TVS 2650. Leave the line easier and have enough power to kill it at the big end.

Hard to say how Strange will respond. A 4k dump will break stuff real fast, no matter how beefy it is.

I definitely got greedy and went for a big launch chasing that last 10th of a second to see the 10.9 on the ticket. I guess my problem was I assumed that I had an overkill set up (35 spline and making under 660rwhp) so in my mind the car would be kind of invincible. Safe to say I’ve been brought back to reality and now am just annoyed/disappointed. I’ll have dumped the same amount of cash, maybe even more cash, than if I had just ponied up for a 9” rear back when I made the move to upgrade the rear end. Cough cough...to any who are reading this and debating what option to go with in upgrading a rear end, go for a 9” and call it a day.

On the run I was at 17 psi in the rear.

I’m actually not sure what material is in the ST-trim but I didn’t opt for anything special so it’s an “off the self” Spec ST-trim clutch. I have no complaints on the clutch.

As far as the stock LC...I tried it once and it was a blah experience lol

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
I’ll have dumped the same amount of cash, maybe even more cash, than if I had just ponied up for a 9” rear back when I made the move to upgrade the rear end. Cough cough...to any who are reading this and debating what option to go with in upgrading a rear end, go for a 9” and call it a day.

Agreed. These cars are too heavy and have more torque than can be reliably managed by an upgraded factory rear...especially after traction is added. Upgrade to a 9" ...it will be able to take the beating without you having to nail bite on hard launches.

Last edited:

Beercules

Established Member
If you plan to push it at the strip, get a 9". Playing around will make it noisy, but shouldn't damage things.

Surprised strange 35 spines bent, but i guess theres a reason lighter cars upgrade to 40.

kwarnerjr

Established Member
Swapped my wheels today back to the street set up and snapped a quick video of the squeaking...

Video:

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread