2000 R cf air splitter - another run

rjw1

Established Member
I need 1 CA$H in hand ASAP...........................

Thanks
Eric

RoscoP

Established Member
Splitters still available

Does anyone know where one of the cf splitters can be found, and is available?
Thanks, Ross

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Does anyone know where one of the cf splitters can be found, and is available?
Thanks, Ross

Give Andy a while to respond. Surely he's still subscribed to this thread. If we don't hear from him soon I'll give him a heads up.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

rjw1

Established Member
thank you very much......I'll keep checking back.

P.s. I pm'd and e-mailed him and nothing as of yet..

flattrack53

Established Member
Hey Andy, can I get a splitter from you? Sending you a PM as well. So whatever you see first.
Thanks,
Scott

flattrack53

Established Member
If that doesn't work I could try to get a hold of him. I still have his number from when I got mine from him.

I appreciate that. I know it takes a while to make these splitters so I figured if I ordered one now and had it by January that would work.

Scott--you didn't break yours, did you?

The stock splitter is still in tack. I'd like to try an open track event at Summit Point this upcoming season so I figured I would get a stronger, lighter and better one. Since I am getting the other hood I figured it would be easier to have my dad paint them both at one time.

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
I appreciate that. I know it takes a while to make these splitters so I figured if I ordered one now and had it by January that would work.

The stock splitter is still in tack. I'd like to try an open track event at Summit Point this upcoming season so I figured I would get a stronger, lighter and better one. Since I am getting the other hood I figured it would be easier to have my dad paint them both at one time.

If you are going to use the splitter for open track you will have to modify the front bumper cover. Many have done this; you have to brace the front bumper cover so that the new splitter does not pull off the bumper cover. There are pictures of possible brace designs in here I could not find them. Maybe someone will post up a picture of theirs. Most of these braces attach to the front of the cover, do not forget the sides. The side attachment is not very stable either.
Gary.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
If you are going to use the splitter for open track you will have to modify the front bumper cover. Many have done this; you have to brace the front bumper cover so that the new splitter does not pull off the bumper cover. There are pictures of possible brace designs in here I could not find them. Maybe someone will post up a picture of theirs. Most of these braces attach to the front of the cover, do not forget the sides. The side attachment is not very stable either.
Gary.

Gary:

Good point.

Scott, if you're looking for a front splitter support brace I have my old one in case you're initerested in it. It bolts to the bottom of the front bumper support and it supports the splitter.

Let me know if you want to see some pics.

flattrack53

Established Member
Gary.

Thanks Gary, I knew I saw some photos somewhere but now I can't find them either.

Gary:

Good point.

Scott, if you're looking for a front splitter support brace I have my old one in case you're initerested in it. It bolts to the bottom of the front bumper support and it supports the splitter.

Let me know if you want to see some pics.

Bruce, you know that isn't even a question... Post the pics!! :beer:

Does your attach to existing hardware or newly found holes

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Thanks Gary, I knew I saw some photos somewhere but now I can't find them either.

Bruce, you know that isn't even a question... Post the pics!! :beer:

Does your attach to existing hardware or newly found holes

You have to drill your own holes in the bottom of the bumper support. Use a Cobalt drill, that crap is stupid hard. I used self tapping screws.

faciasupport.JPG

faciasuptoncar4.JPG

faciasuptoncarbottom.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread