2003 F150 Harley Davidson S/C

SlowGrabberBlue

Established Member
I recently purchased a mt HD. When I purchased I bought it with a blown engine because it was pushing 15lbs of boost on a stock tune. After putting in a rebuilt engine, I installed long tubes, cat delete, wideband, fuel pressure gauge, boost gauge, 2 255 fuel pumps and 80lb injectors(want to go E85). Now Im looking for a tuner since the rebuilt engine is broken in. Purchased a Tweecer R/T to get it running at least. Now its time for a real tuner. Who is everyone using to tune their Lightings and HD? Any other free mods I can do to free up some ponies, or any other thing I should look into. Im looking into catch cans right now, but wanna make sure I get everything covered. Also installed a flex fuel fuel filter as well. Any help/advice greatly appreciated 12552769_1217944634889050_8432965256394861534_n.jpg

Last edited:

SlowGrabberBlue

Established Member
Also since the truck is pushing 15 lbs. I will not be doing the boost bypass as if I read it right will add 3lbs of boost.

Looking to order this from rpmoutlet.com
MOTOBLUE™ 99-04 Lightning/Harley Drivers & Passenger Side OIL SEPARATOR Kit
TCI® Valve Body Improver Kit For the E4OD/4R100 Ford Transmissions

Last edited:

TP 112

Established Member
Very nice truck man! I would look for a more reliable vendor though, but they may have gotten better over the years. If it were me I would just hang out here in the HD and the Lightning section's. There is plenty of good info on brands and vendors to buy the parts you want. As far as the TCI valve body kit, I would get me a Punisher valve body. Paul makes some sweet valve bodies street or race versions cant go wrong with either one of those.

SlowGrabberBlue

Established Member
Ok cool. Who is a more reliable vendor? Im new to the Lighting and HD market and dont know much vendors. Who is Paul?

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

SlowGrabberBlue

Established Member
Any ideas on who is a good tuner for these? I did a google search but only keep getting the sct device but no custom tune at least via email. Would prefer a local tuner known for working on Lightings and HD tunes

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I've got the same truck! Suggest you join Lightning Rodder if you haven't already. Lots of great guys who can help.

I've been tuning my own truck with the SCT PRP. If you have a Tweecer R/T you can do just fine with it.

As far as the oil separator goes - I recommend the L&S oil separator. Many of the lightning guys run this and I have yet same on mine.

You will love the valve body. Make sure your tune doesn't have any increased line pressures after installing it. Also, now would be a great time to add a deeper transmission pan with a new filter.

What are your overall plans for the truck?

SlowGrabberBlue

Established Member
Not much really. Just wanted something with a little get up and go. Maybe a heat exchanger and electric fans but other than that I'm all done. I want to get another mustang. Yeah with the tweecer rt I can could do it but I don't have the patience or honestly the desire to learn to tune it. I work with computers all day at work and it's the last thing I want to touch at home.

As far as your suggestion for the transmission tune. Don't mess with it is what your saying?

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Find a good local tuner if you don't have the patience with it. There are a few guys that will help you tune it online if you have a method to datalog.

You can tune the transmission settings to your liking, but with a valve body it is not recommended to mess with shift pressures.

Users who are viewing this thread