2006 Pontiac GTO

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
2006 Pontiac GTO
Impulse Blue Metallic, VMR wheels, lowered on springs, aftermarket exhaust/intake
101,000 miles​

I’ve done this car in the past…correction and just a sealant/etc. The owner wanted to step up his game to a ceramic coating and the good doc at Autodermatology was happy to oblige.

The finish was in good shape due to the previous paint correction and the owner took my input and listened to the ‘ways’ of proper maintenance and it worked out well! It had minor swirls and marring.

Process: The owner washed it prior to me receiving it, so it only needed a quick waterless wash to take off the little dirt/road grime from the trip over. The surface passed the baggie test and did not need to be clayed. I used a DeFelsko paint meter and was surprised to find ‘a lot’ of paint on the vehicle. This vehicle has had some paint work in the past. McKee’s37 Fast Polish was used with a Rupes Mark II 21 and a medium-light foam pad. It did exactly what I was looking for-removed the minor defects and amped up gloss considerably. McKee’s 37 N-914 was used for final wipe/panel wipe. Misc MF towels were used. McKee’s37 Paint coating was the LSP of choice. The paint coating darkened the paint noticeably and really amped up the gloss and flake poppage!

The cowl panel and underhood areas received a thorough cleaning and were then treated with McKee’s37 Trim Restorer. The owner stated that those areas have never looked so good before!

Rims were cleaned with UWW and the tires were dressed with Adam’s VRT. Adam’s glass cleaner and a dedicated glass MF towel was used on the exterior glass.

The sun doesn’t lie!!! Took the Goat out into the sun, found a few high spots-they wiped off effortlessly-and admired the beautiful blue/metallic/pearlescent paint!

This Australian hot rod is now protected for years to come and will be ready for the numerous events and cars & coffee’s the owner enjoys going to!

Pics:

DSCN9180-L.jpg

Holy paint thickness! Hood has been repainted.

DSCN9184-L.jpg

DSCN9188-L.jpg

Rest of the car pretty much-still had a lot on it.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice work Scott. That GTO paint looks stunning. I love the color!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Man... I miss my GTO more than my '13 5.0 :(

Very NICE!
I also wish I bought IBM (GTO paint color) instead of Silver (QSM).

hoamskilet

Established Member
UGH......makes me miss my GTO so bad. Should have never sold it. Beautiful work. That blue looks awesome

Recon

Established Member
Me likey. I've always wanted one of them. Contrary to popular opinion I think they good looking cars, along with it's siblings.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not a big fan of the 2004 mainly because just lacked muscle appeal, visually, with the left side twin-tip rear exhaust setup and smooth hood. I do like the 2005-2006 model years because they got the LS2 (and more power), along with hood scoops and twin exhaust pipes (left and right sides) that made it look more muscular. IMO the GTO was a bit under-appreciated. Maybe due in part to the non-muscular look of the '04.

barstowpo

Established Member
I had an IBM 2004. Updated with a 2005 hood, rear bumper and brakes. After getting a 2016 GT350, I didn't drive it anymore. Sold it for next to nothing. It was a great car but primitive compared to the GT350.

Users who are viewing this thread