2011-2014 Mustang GT Cooling Head Mod by MMR, eliminate the #8 cylinder failure today

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Is there an actual step-by-step guide WITH photos by any chance? Went through this thread entirely (post by post), went through the Boss 302 thread as well, didn't see anything other than just typing up their experience or tips to install. Would be interested in purchasing this but with only a vague idea of what I would be doing that might be tough. Can you help out?

jn2

Established Member
Is there an actual step-by-step guide WITH photos by any chance? Went through this thread entirely (post by post), went through the Boss 302 thread as well, didn't see anything other than just typing up their experience or tips to install. Would be interested in purchasing this but with only a vague idea of what I would be doing that might be tough. Can you help out?

Im with you on this one, I have a general idea on what other have said to do. Freeze plugs needs to be punched in, issue is those plugs aren't easily accessible, even with the IM off. I checked the back of engine when I did my CJ manifold and they aren't easy to get to. Probably do-able, but def easier if the engine is already out.

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Im with you on this one, I have a general idea on what other have said to do. Freeze plugs needs to be punched in, issue is those plugs aren't easily accessible, even with the IM off. I checked the back of engine when I did my CJ manifold and they aren't easy to get to. Probably do-able, but def easier if the engine is already out.

Yeah for the most part I understand all that, it's just nice to actually have a visual on that to double verify that we're doing the right thing here. I'm all for this mod, but there's no way I'm buying anything without specific instructions with GOOD photos (good being the operative word here as well).

GBCoyote

Established Member
For reference, when I installed mine I popped the freeze plugs out with a long screwdriver from under the car while it was on a lift. Installed the fittings from the top of the car with the IM off the car. Was a pain but really not as difficult as it may seem.

beef97

Established Member
For reference, when I installed mine I popped the freeze plugs out with a long screwdriver from under the car while it was on a lift. Installed the fittings from the top of the car with the IM off the car. Was a pain but really not as difficult as it may seem.

Notice any difference using the kit?

GBCoyote

Established Member
I have a base model so I can't measure my temps with that fancy little screen in the dash. Also, the sensor is not near cylinder 8 so It wouldn't read a difference anyway. I've heard some people dispute this modification as snake oil, however, I installed for peace of mind.

Torchy

Established Member
Where is everyone relocating the ground strap that goes to the back of the driver head?

Users who are viewing this thread