2011 PCM failed, need some help!!

baggyp

Established Member
Hey guys,

As stated my PCM looks to have failed. I have found a few for sale but I can't seem to find much info on the different part numbers. Do they matter, are they interchangeable, can the dealer flash any PCM p/n to the correct as-built? If anyone has gone through a change or has knowledge I would be appreciative!

Coosawjack

Established Member
How do you know it's failed??:confused:
From what I've heard they seldom just fail unless reverse polarity or an electrical problem!!:(
Have you spoken to a dealer......VIN should give you the PCM code and a dealer could at least tell you what you need if you need a new one!!;)

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
I am under the impression that the difference between the pns is the code flashed on it, which the dealer should be able to reflash the correct program.

Why do you think it's bad? Havnt heard of many that crapped.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Like mentioned, the dealer can flash whatever your car requires. You can have the dealership look into it to see if it's really the PCM. I had one crap out in my 95 Mustang GT. Took it to the dealer and for 150 bucks they said it's bad. for another 150 bucks they can go deeper but I thought...why? Just bought a used PCM with the code that was on it and fired right up.
Did you have a tune on it? What are the indications that make you believe its a bad PCM?

baggyp

Established Member
Thanks for the replies! PCM got water in it last year and has given me issues ever since (or at least I thought it was the PCM). Last week I thought it died so I took it apart to see if I could find the failure. Turns out it was the PCM relay that was failing and causing all the issues. I found a good deal on a brand new PCM so I went ahead and bought it just incase the old one does fail and I'm not completely out. Thanks for the info guys!!

baggyp

Established Member
When I switched to twins I moved the ECU to under the passenger headlight. I thought I had it far back enough the water would run off the housing but I was incorrect.

Users who are viewing this thread