2013 base to shaker 500/partial sync install

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
First up i have read the other threads on other forums about this topic but with all the different data in them and people talking about 11-12 cars and 13-14 cars i just wanted to start something seperate and try to get my question resolved.

Basically i used to have a 14 gt premium, zero complaints on the sound and loved just leaving my ipod hooked up. No longer have this car however. I now have a 13 GT base model, and hate the sound system nd the fact that my ipod is now AUX in and does not charge or control from the steering wheel. From my understanding in various forums, it is possible to do a shaker 500 swap with OEM style operation. Below is what im after as it seems some people want the full sync voice control, etc.

Im looking to just swap the premium door panels in, swap in the factory amps, factory shaker 500 headunit, and install sync functions only to the point where i can plug the ipod into a usb jack and have the shaker 500 unit charge the ipod, read the ipod, and have steering wheel control functionality. I dont care for the voice stuff or phone linking or anything. Strictly Shaker 500 system with door subs, and USB ipod functionality like OEM.

Ive already purchased an OEM shaker 500 w/o nav from ebay, looking for insight and guidance on what all i need to accomplish this and parts list, everything needed to run a shaker 500 system with ipod control/charge.

vic2ory

You have to change the dash harness and install the sync and change the head unit to shaker and upgrade acm as built data

This is what I've been working on until now

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
yea ive been gathering data, this site doesn't seem to have anyone that has done it. mustang source and mustang evolution have some good threads on it. Im doing my premium cluster swap next week.

Users who are viewing this thread