2013 EcoBoost Explorer Vs. 2010 Sti (Dig Race)

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Stock STi weight is just under 3400 lbs. Figure an off the shelf tune and intake would put that car at about 260 AWHP/270 AWTQ.

Also surprised you can't hear the intake, especially on the passenger side of the car echoing off the explorer -at least 1st to 2nd-. Any of them (AEM, Cobb) I've ever heard have been stupid loud (at least for my taste). If you can, find out the brand for me. If there is something a little more stealthy on the market I'd like to look into it.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm a ford fan all the way but w/o specs on this I find it kind of hard to believe.:shrug:

I think it's totally plausible. Figure the pro tune and intake on the Explorer should put it around 340 AWHP. It may weigh close to 3/4 ton more than the STi but the STi is not an easy car to drive. One small mistake and you're toast. With the small "power" (<-- intentional sarcasm) band if you aren't on your A game you will loose. Trust me, its damn embarrassing screwing the pooch on 2nd to 3rd and having to wait for what seems like an eternity for the boost to build again.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
I do this to WRX/STi guys all the time in my sho. And it's bone stock. With a +4 tune this vid is easily believable. The 3.5 EB is the best performance secret ford has. I'm excited to see what guys do with the new tremor trucks.

vic_s197

Established Member
My buddy just bought a 06 sti pretty much stock, I'm gunna see if he wants to run my Livernois tuned ecoboost f150

5pnt0

Established Member
I'm going to post this up on nasioc.com to see what they have to say LOL. I used to be a WRX guy.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm going to post this up on nasioc.com to see what they have to say LOL. I used to be a WRX guy.

OMG. The world will literally come to a halt and reverse rotation. I am a gear head through-and-through and love/respect anything that is cool. But the vast majority of the squids on that forum drive me nuts. I am an STi owner and I don't even go over there. Those guys, seriously, have to be the most fickle bunch I've ever ran into...

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I do this to WRX/STi guys all the time in my sho. And it's bone stock. With a +4 tune this vid is easily believable. The 3.5 EB is the best performance secret ford has. I'm excited to see what guys do with the new tremor trucks.

Probably the same stuff we're doing with ecoboost F150's now.

Someone needs to address the fuel issues.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
An Sti can just dump the clutch from a high rpm and it would be game over. Kid needs to sell his sti and buy an st or beetle.

Users who are viewing this thread