2013 GT500 Blk/Red Recaros, PP, Mcleod, VMP, 690whp, $39k

Kevinbonds

Established Member
I have had both a C6Z and a GT500. I just sold my C6Z and looking for another GT500. I had some issues with the C6Z and it made ownership a bit of a pain for me. The car handles great and they are fast but they are totally impractical. The car is so low that I had to map out my journey to make sure that anywhere I go the car could clear. I had so many times where I could barely get out of a driveway or would scrape my car just going through an intersection to fast. Also I don't make it to the track very much, and the C6Z really shines in a road course environment. On the street as a cruiser, fun weekend car for me it was to small and I really did not like and the harsh ride.

On the other hand I loved my previous 2010 GT500. The car was so much fun on the street, I could take it anywhere and it had a backseat and was much more practical. I found the GT500 much quieter and more fun to drive on long distances. I had taken my Gt500 on several long trips and always enjoyed it.
I think it's hard to compare the two, but I prefer the GT500 for my use, if I was going to hit the road course often then I would pick the C6Z.

VenomVeins

Established Member
I have had both a C6Z and a GT500. I just sold my C6Z and looking for another GT500. I had some issues with the C6Z and it made ownership a bit of a pain for me. The car handles great and they are fast but they are totally impractical. The car is so low that I had to map out my journey to make sure that anywhere I go the car could clear. I had so many times where I could barely get out of a driveway or would scrape my car just going through an intersection to fast. Also I don't make it to the track very much, and the C6Z really shines in a road course environment. On the street as a cruiser, fun weekend car for me it was to small and I really did not like and the harsh ride.

On the other hand I loved my previous 2010 GT500. The car was so much fun on the street, I could take it anywhere and it had a backseat and was much more practical. I found the GT500 much quieter and more fun to drive on long distances. I had taken my Gt500 on several long trips and always enjoyed it.
I think it's hard to compare the two, but I prefer the GT500 for my use, if I was going to hit the road course often then I would pick the C6Z.

You bring up another great point with the C6/C5Z-how low the damn thing sits. Yeah, its epic for the track, but absolutely sucks for everyday and even weekend driving around town. Yes, getting in and out sucks, but that isnt the worst part....scraping over everything is.

Unless you want the rocker panels and front air dam cracked all over the place, you BETTER take angles at all times when pulling into any parking lot and garage. Screw that. The ‘reward’ of ownership isnt worth the headache.

Im done with ‘Vettes. It will either be a GT500 or Viper for me.

pierce88

Established Member
Wow I totally missed all the Posts on this! Sorry for not following up sooner guys.

Which did you prefer? The GT500 or z06?

I'm going to sell my terminator and get one of the two.

They were both Awesome. With that said they have completely different driving experiences. The ZO6 feels like a super car. The GT500 drives and feels like a mustang. It really came down I was only going to keep 1 car. With the GT500 it is 100% doable. I would NOT recommend the ZO6 as your only car.

Also for what its worth the 2013 GT500 interior is starting to look a little long in the tooth. the Z06 was a complete Joke. Almost no difference from by buddies 99 FRC.

Beautiful GT500 OP! I love it!

This is a great question that i’d also like to hear feedback on. I had an ls2 3LT C6 that had a Chuck Cow tune and a few other goodies and made right around 370whp. It was semi-fun, but i got rid of it for a few reasons-one of them being garbage GM quality and it just not feeling all that fast anymore.

Had my eye on a 2010+ GT500 for years now and just waiting for the right one to make my move.

See above. I'd recommend a 13/14 if you aren't going to go crazy with the mods. If you plan to swap blowers, fuel system, etc... 10-12 would be my recommendation.

I can assure you a C6Z is a way different experience than owing a base C6. Also, as a previous 03 KB Cobra owner and someone who test drove many GT500’s 2013’s mainly, the Z06 was by far the more interesting ride from looks to the way you feel in the car. I never thought I would own a Vette but the Z06 won my heart over the GTR, 13 GT500 and 997 Turbo. A head/cam Z06 is one hell of an experience.

Agreed C6Z completely different animal from an other version of a C6

I've driven a stock C6 Z06 and it was a blast. Same can be said for multiple year GT500's.

For me, the 'long term' ownership (one year or more) is what I'm asking about. The next 'toy' I choose will end up being my daily driver. No more being bored to death in my lexus on the work commute and reserving just a few days for the 'fun' ride.....life is just too short.

As far as "driving experience" goes, I have yet to find a suitable replacement for my former C5 Z06 that was heads/cam/exhaust. It was such a RAW and exhilarating feeling to feel THAT connected to the road while going THAT fast. The interior was pure GM garbage, although the rib bruising daily drive was damn fun for the little under 2 years I did it for.

Would definitely not recommend a C6Z as a daily. Its incredibly low and an absolute animal. GT500 just a livable as any other mustang as a DD.

Well if you are looking for a daily driver sports car that has some serious power that is actually affordable as in 45k and below, if I said the C6Z is better that would be a lie. The GT500 and Hellcat Challenger are some amazing cars with incredible power potential. Honestly, it would be very hard for me to decide between those two cars but I would probably go with the GT500 due to it's aggressive look.

Thats exactly what im looking for....a very powerful daily driver that wont wreck my kidneys lol.

Being that i recently sold the C6 and have been down that road with a C5Z, i am fully aware how unfunctional they really are for me daily-wise.

Besides, i’ve wanted a gt500 since i drove one for the first time. That supercharger whine is just epic-something about it just gives me that tingly ‘laugh out loud in your car from the epicness’ feeling.

If someone came along with the right price would you reconsider selling?

Sure shoot me a number!

Agreed on all of that!

You bring up another great point with the C6/C5Z-how low the damn thing sits. Yeah, its epic for the track, but absolutely sucks for everyday and even weekend driving around town. Yes, getting in and out sucks, but that isnt the worst part....scraping over everything is.

Unless you want the rocker panels and front air dam cracked all over the place, you BETTER take angles at all times when pulling into any parking lot and garage. Screw that. The ‘reward’ of ownership isnt worth the headache.

Im done with ‘Vettes. It will either be a GT500 or Viper for me.

Facts!

-Pierce

pierce88

Established Member
Make an offer or I am returning to stock on Saturday. KBB trade in is $36k-$40k but I will honor the $39k asking price to avoid tearing it down.

Phone number is 484-614-0005

First name is Andrew

Shoot me a text as I don’t have service in my office at work and I will give you a call back.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn. $39k is robbing this guy. No offense to the seller. But a good deal all around.

MTSWAP"D

Established Member
I am in the market but not to thrilled about the mileage, looking for something with fewer miles, but she's beautiful

Users who are viewing this thread