2013 GT500 FAQ's (noobs enter)

CMP

Fanatic Cobra Poster
Established Member
Anything about fuel octane for our cars? Recommended from the manual is 93 to achieve max performance (perhaps a blurb about the knock sensors in the '13 cars as well).:pepper:

GRUF78

Established Member
Just removed the clutch pedal assist spring on my 3000 mile GT-500. Screwdriver, flash light and 15 minutes and done. Clutch feels 1000% better both upshifts and down shifts.

Dude who figured it out is a genius. Highly recemmended.

GRUFF

msw.63

Established Member
Great thread Devious! I have a 2008 GT500 that I'm trading in for the 2014 I ordered and is finally at the dealership. This had a terrific amount of information that was very useful, even though I already had a GT500.

Thanks!

steeltoe

Established Member
Rear Diff: some people have had whiny rear gears, myself included. Some have had them replaced under warranty, others have just swapped to different gears. My dealer refuses to change mine for some reason. Pay close attention once you have about 700-1000 miles. Thats when mine started. Its not a widespread issue, but some of us have had it.
And this is why you read the noob thread. I guess I need to contact the dealer.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Are the Recaro seats worth the added cost? ?

Yes! Unless you have a little Extra roundness in the middle

Seriously though. I have a horrible back.
The stock GT500 seats hurt me. The recaros are a must have.

Not to mention...they will help your resale

masonh

Established Member
Tires: the goodyear G2 tires are not to be used in temps under 40F. They work better when very warm since they are R compound. If you drive hard and want more confidence, consider switching them out for michelin PSS or something else on the street. Through my experience and others the Goodyears are very good for the road course.

Well said. Even if it's 60-70* outside wait until the OEM tires are warm before you try and sharp turns at speed or come out of turns on throttle, even with traction control on. I took a left turn out of my neighborhood a few days ago and maybe 25-30 trying to catch the light. It was a 90* turn left because it was at a traffic light, but i was cutting most of the angle out of it and mt entire car just started sliding. All four wheels where sliding like the tires were plastic or something. Luckily they grabbed at the last second and I was saved, but now I always get them hot before i do anything I wouldn't do in a Smart Car.

Like DS says the tires are good when warm, even great. I can't see myself trading them in for Super Sports because they grip better when hot. Seriously a great OEM tire, I can't believe people bitch about them. yeah they make a little noise, pick up rocks easy and track a little, but what did they expect out of a race tire?

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Yes! Unless you have a little Extra roundness in the middle

Seriously though. I have a horrible back.
The stock GT500 seats hurt me. The recaros are a must have.

Not to mention...they will help your resale

I am most likely going to get the Recaros. I'd say 98% getting them. I'm just curious how much weight they save over the regular heated seats that come powered.

Users who are viewing this thread