2013 GT500 - Media Launch Video/SVT Interview

Boss3o2

Established Member
Found this on Youtube, and thought you guys would get a kick out of it. For those that think the 2013 is just a "HP" increased car. Think again. This video shows the amount of R&D and changes they made to target a 200 MPH car, getting it balance and able to deliver the power to the ground, while making it a streetable car.

Great job, SVT and Ford!! These are definitely going to be some years, for us Motorheads to remember!

Enjoy ...
New 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 - Media Launch Video - The Most Powerful Mustang Ever Built - HD - YouTube

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
tailshaft housing, someone asked me to picture that.. can I do it from underneath?

edit: sorry, just snagging random bits from the movie to make note

Draiter

Established Member
One thing I've noticed thus far..... none of the jouranlists have cracked up a GT500 on the track like they did with the "superior handling" ZL1 with it's magnetic ride IRS created on the forges of Olympus by the the Gods themselves.

Wonder why that is?

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
Simply badass! Great job Ford and SVT. Starting at 55K, this thing is one of the biggest performance bargains EVER. I can't think of a "mass produced" American car that has had more power or torque from the factory...that is saying a lot!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
great great post!!!! lots of info and man that thing sounds absolutely mean!!!! wow the factory sound is shocking, it also looked pretty planted on the course. Obviously they are not driving it all out like a pro would, but hell looked good to me....I CAN NOT WAIT!!!! :rockon:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
great great post!!!! lots of info and man that thing sounds absolutely mean!!!! wow the factory sound is shocking, it also looked pretty planted on the course. Obviously they are not driving it all out like a pro would, but hell looked good to me....I CAN NOT WAIT!!!! :rockon:
I can't believe how throaty and loud this thing is with nothing done to it.

Seriously seriously surprised.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
At least SVT's simulations appear to have been correct.

Once again, Kerry Baldori lays it all out. SVT/Ford is lucky to have him on their team and so are we. While I wanted a deeper look I guess that'll have to do for now. My fingers are crossed that Tom Wilson and 5.0 magazine once again bring more tech than anyone else.

72MachOne99GT said:
7:30-7:40.......HUGE words from that guy

I believe 'that guy' to be Jim Kenzie.
Jim Kenzie's The Driver's Seat

All in all, a great video. Thanks for posting it up Eric! Required viewing for all '13 aficionados and now a sticky. :)

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
They've really done a good job at just giving us enough to hold us over. I can't wait to see the final numbers and how well this car performs at the track, both strip and open track.

honcho_44

Established Member
Very true! Every time I hear about Al O and his simulations I can't help but think about Down Periscope, "brave men and their proud simulators"!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks, I figured he was a member of automotive media, but had no clue who he actually was.

Seems to be impressed though.

Sucks, because I was hoping the '13 GT500 would be a 'one trick pony.'

Users who are viewing this thread