2013 gt500 wobble

Shelbanator

Established Member
so just recently was out for a drive, seeing it was such a nice day i decided to pick it up to 145mph my car decides to start wobbling very drastically so i let off the gas thought maybe it was the road, so i did it again on a well paved road and still wobbled like crazy any ideas on what this might be? Can tires cause such a drastic wobble ?

AAG

Established Member
Did you seriously admit to going 145 mph on a public road?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Could possibly be tire/balance issue. Would check tire pressures, then have tire balance checked. If that doesn't resolve it, then it could be a suspension problem, blown bushing in front control arms, blown shock/strut etc...

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

armyofdarkness-quotes-goody-two-shoes.gif

verbal

Established Member
What tire are you running? I kind of remember this being an issue a few years ago with several 13/14 owners. You might want to post in the 13/14 section.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
some people have reported having this issue with mpss though most havent.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
so just recently was out for a drive, seeing it was such a nice day i decided to pick it up to 145mph my car decides to start wobbling very drastically so i let off the gas thought maybe it was the road, so i did it again on a well paved road and still wobbled like crazy any ideas on what this might be? Can tires cause such a drastic wobble ?

Is it a "wobble" or more like floating? Once you get up to speed, do you get on the brakes fairly strong?

giphy.gif

That poor bastard did not survive that...

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
I am running mpss tires

That's your problem for sure I have the same tires and got the wobble real bad. Bought some 17x10 weld's mounted on MT et street r's for the rear and the wobble was completely gone. I'm still running stock wheels and mpss tires up front and haven't had a single problem after changing wheels and tires on the rear. Lots of people have had issues with those tires they are garbage and dangerous.

Shelbanator

Established Member
That's your problem for sure I have the same tires and got the wobble real bad. Bought some 17x10 weld's mounted on MT et street r's for the rear and the wobble was completely gone. I'm still running stock wheels and mpss tires up front and haven't had a single problem after changing wheels and tires on the rear. Lots of people have had issues with those tires they are garbage and dangerous.
Ive been wanting to buy some of those wheels ,what is the tire size your running? Stock height?

Todd03Blown

Established Member
How are MPSS tires garbage and dangerous? I only know 100 people that exclusively run these tires. Tracks days and DD. Zero issues running over 155mph, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread