2013+ Roush chin splitter people.

Nuar

Established Member
Just wanted to see how many people are actually having problems with these things tearing off at high speed.
So far I've heard of two splitters tearing them selves off. I like the lip and I want to get one, but I am a little worried.

Nuar

Established Member
Nah i doubt instalation was the issue. She hit high speed too, around 140+ when it happened.

TheDivaDanielle

Established Member
part of me wants to think it doesn't make sense, but then considering how soft of a plastic it is, i can see it deflecting at high speeds and breaking right off.

vortecd

Established Member
Makes me want to go 140 and see what happens. I have been faster before the install

Snapp

Established Member
I went 140ish with my Stillen chin... Was nervous lol, cause its only held on by 3m tape and 4 screws.. But its on there! Is the roush also screws and 3m?

Nuar

Established Member
No, the roush splitter installs completely different. I am starting to think the stillen would be a better option ...maybe.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
How about this one:

imagejpg1_zpsb8e9296f.jpg

Install instructions here:

http://p8.hostingprod.com/@cervinis.com/partinstall/4412.pdf

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
There has actually been 3 splitters fail at high speeds so far. Another DFW member had his rip off recently. It was a direct Roush take-off part that was installed exactly how it was removed from the Roush, reverse step-by-step.

From what I've been able to gather so far talking to both of the people in DFW that have had one fail was that they were doing in excess of 130 MPH, and that it was windy when they were doing these speeds. tomnymods, the original guy that had it fail, said he was driving into a good headwind when his let go. IDK about the second guy, other than it was "windy".

I'm thinking that without the additional wind pressure from driving into a head, or even crosswind, the splitter is fine. When you are driving at high speeds into a head wind, then pressure/downforce is too great and it breaks.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I've taken my 5.0 around the 145/150mph range twice with the splitter and mine is fine. My car is lowered too...
2cs76mw.png

Pointless running at those speeds anyways. If you're worried just get the boss splitter, it looks stronger too.

Justin81

Established Member
I bought the street scene 2 one which is in post #16 I think. I never installed it yet and was thinking of ditching it for the roush one.

Users who are viewing this thread