2013+ Roush chin splitter people.

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
I think roush got feedback. Mine came with 20+ screws no 3M. It actually mounts onto stock.

stangn

Established Member
Mine failed the same way 130 on a windy day and it ripped out the center tabs on the bumper cover. It just folded the center under the car, it never came off. Bought a new one and reinforced it with aluminum where it failed and all is good.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Mine failed the same way 130 on a windy day and it ripped out the center tabs on the bumper cover. It just folded the center under the car, it never came off. Bought a new one and reinforced it with aluminum where it failed and all is good.

Do you have any pics of the aluminum support??

Troponin

Established Member
Subbed. I have one, but my car is a street machine, so I rarely see speeds above 90mph, but am still interested in reinforcing it anyway

Nuar

Established Member
I am going to do this reinforcement either way, for the peace of mind... i am still curious how his reinforced splitter is holding up.

Nuar

Established Member
I just put one on this past week and I did do the reinforcement actually.

I hope it stays on! *fingers crossed*

20150413_164341_zpssk1n2lnc.jpg

20150413_182231_zpszjucmkr8.jpg

20150413_182258_zpstxv0wb4b.jpg

20150413_182310_zpscso5hcdc.jpg

20150418_133618_zpskzhzfgdc.jpg

Nuar

Established Member
^^^^^^^Looks good! Did you cut that reinforcement piece yourself or buy it like that??
Thanks Darren!

I followed the advice of D2M
Went to hoe depot, got a 3/4ths wide 1/8th thick 4 foot long piece of aluminum. using the roush splitter as a guide I bent it to the shape I needed and trimmed it to the proper length.
I put it on the bumper, held in place with one of the roush provided j clips and marked the holes to be drilled.
Drilled the holes, then just put it into place. I got a $5 rivet gun from harbor freight tools to rivet the aluminum to the bumper. I REALLY hope it will hold.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
When you guys did the aluminum reinforcement did you still have to cut up the stock splitter like the instructions say?

Nuar

Established Member
Yeah, the aluminum bar just goes on top of the inside of the front bumper "lip". Everything else mounts up just as the instructions say.

captain slow5.0

Established Member
Did they change the design or installation procedure of the Roush splitter? Mine came with about a billion new j clips and screws. Also, my splitter appeared to be pretty strong. I just installed mine about 3 weeks ago, and I cannot imagine that thing coming off with how many screws I had to put in.

Nuar

Established Member
Nope, it has always been installed the same way.
the part of the bumper that is holding the splitter on the car is just really thin, the reinforcement will hopefully help distribute the weight across a larger surface are.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
i speed tested mine a few times to 170 in houston for tx2k....

still together and holding good with the aluminum reinforcement.

Users who are viewing this thread