2013+ Roush chin splitter people.

slick3

Established Member
i speed tested mine a few times to 170 in houston for tx2k....

still together and holding good with the aluminum reinforcement.

Not to sound like an idiot, but how are you guys getting such nice shape out of that aluminum stock, are you heating it up and making a ton of small bends?

D2M

Established Member
Update: About 15 track days later... All is good, solid as a rock with the aluminum reinforcement. I would consider this a permanent fix..

Last edited:

James Calhoun

Established Member
Had the same issue with it blowing off at 85mph. Got a hold of American muscle and they sent a replacement out. Did the aluminum reinforcement mod and had to add a few extra bolts as all of my factory holes were ripped out. Been up to 145 many times and no issues or such so i do say this is a great mod to do as soon as you install it.

DaBigBone

Established Member
I've had 0 issues with mine. Never gotten it up to the 140 range like some of you but it's seen 100mph a handful of times.

mavisky

Established Member
This may have already been asked, but has anyone tried to put the gt500 lower splitter and valence onto a 13/14 GT? Surely it can be retrofitted since the bumpers are the same shape?

I know it's been done, but I can't recall what exactly needs to be done to get it on.

My buddy Joey has one on his GT although he recently switched to a GT500 front bumper.
13235257_1208088729203869_7025544446766114306_o_zpsc2eda5ii.gif

Last edited:

ricardoa1

Established Member
I wonder if the grille design affects the way the air adds pressure to it. For honeycomb grilles with the end perforation slealed shut creates additional force vs wide open grilles like the roush grille. .02

Sent from my SM-G920T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Nick Hayes

Had the same issue with it blowing off at 85mph. Got a hold of American muscle and they sent a replacement out. Did the aluminum reinforcement mod and had to add a few extra bolts as all of my factory holes were ripped out. Been up to 145 many times and no issues or such so i do say this is a great mod to do as soon as you install it.
You said American muscle sent you a replacement splitter ? My just came off today with the splash guard at about 100 and called American muscle for a replacement and had to buy a whole new splitter.

Users who are viewing this thread