• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

2013 Roush Raptor alternate exhaust/muffler suggestions?

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by Kevin H, Sep 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kevin H

Kevin H New Member

I have a 2013 Raptor with the Roush Phase II treatment, including exhaust. ...and the exhaust is pretty loud (if you haven't heard it, the Roush web site advises checking local ordinances before installing). :) The exhaust system uses 3" pipes.

After living with this for four years, I'd like to quiet the truck down a tad ...I guess I'm getting old! I don't really want to replace the entire exhaust, though.

Among other things, I use my Raptor for car hauling cars to the track a lot and when you're accelerating or towing a car at 80mph+ down the highway and/or up a mountain slope, it's damned hard to hold a conversation inside that cab (and probably also for anyone in any car next to me)!

Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent-flow, but quiet(er) muffler that I can swap into the space where the current resonator (glasspack) is? I don't mind giving up a few horsepower due to increased back pressure, in the interests of a quieter ride -- the Roush setup has power to spare.
    [​IMG]

98 svt likes this.
  2. 98 svt

98 svt Active Member Established Member

Nice setup!

Kevin H likes this.
  3. black92

black92 Hot rod Lincoln Established Member

If I were you, I would run a Flowmaster 70 series muffler. I had the 70 on my 4.6 Explorer and loved it. No drone when cruising, nice growl at startup and when you laid into it, you knew there was a V8 (as well as that classic FM sound). I can post a clip or two if you want, but it wouldn't really be a fair comparison.

Kevin H likes this.
  4. Kevin H

Kevin H New Member

Thanks! That's exactly the direction I was looking!

5. Blk04L

Blk04L SvT Addict Established Member

Is that just catback or headers too?

I have the catback, but kept the stock resonator on the truck. Seems to have enough grunt when you get on it, but little to no drone and it's not loud while cruising.

Zemedici likes this.