2013 Shelby GT500 Stock and Mods

BOD89LX

Established Member
Funny thing is the same could be said of the terminator back in 03 when a 1993 Cobra was 19900 ,and a 35K mustang was not a car the average Joe could afford. Just trying to put some perspective on it and all three of these cars are worth every dollar of there selling price IMHO .

Didnt say it wasnt. comparing a $35k to a $65 is kind of silly was all I was saying. Almost anyone could afford a terminator not many can afford these. The new Shelby is the new standard of pony cars period its an amazing machine.

Shhhh

Established Member
No doubt... 03 Cobra 370 whp which was crazy just 10 years ago, is 230 less whp than the 13 GT500.. Absolutely amazing.

I miss my '03 :whine:

****ing amazing!

I just hope that Uncle Sam doesn't stick his boney, dirty fingers in the pie and start slapping regulations on things.

Thanks

Great numbers!! I'm looking to do Cai-TB-upper pulley & tune..Hoping to get close to 700 to the ground.

Thanks! Pulley and off road X will probably be my next performance mods. Should bump it over 700.

Great numbers and love the color.

Was it a custom tune or just an off the shelf tune from SCT or something? What fuel was used on both runs? Congrats, numbers are awesome.

Evolution Performance Lund tune out of the box SCT(not dyno tuned). 100 octane was used for both runs.(fully stock run and modified run)

What a Baus, congrats bro. How far you from Atlanta?

Thanks man! Im 15minutes south of the airport. I've seen you a few times up at Mo's back in the day when I had my '03. I remember you said you were up there with your daughter when Jeff was tuning it with the 2.8KB slapped on it.

Great numbers and it's funny how there were a lot of people posting a few months back that there was no way a 13 would make 700whp with a cai , tb , tune ....

Thanks! In cooler weather people may be seeing closer to 700rwhp with only these mods. It would be a tad closer with a single blade but they are a little more rough to tune and I'll take ~10rwhp less to not feel hesitation in a 60K car haha.

Funny thing is the same could be said of the terminator back in 03 when a 1993 Cobra was 19900 ,and a 35K mustang was not a car the average Joe could afford. Just trying to put some perspective on it and all three of these cars are worth every dollar of there selling price IMHO .

True :beer:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Guess it depends how deep your pockets are :shrug:
This car is better than the 03/04's in every way.

except for that SOLID rear axle.. Ford SHOULD have put a good IRS under the GT500, and smoke the Camaro ZL1 in every performance contest, instead of just a straight line..

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
except for that SOLID rear axle.. Ford SHOULD have put a good IRS under the GT500, and smoke the Camaro ZL1 in every performance contest, instead of just a straight line..

The live axle in the gt500 is much better than the irs in the 03/04's!:poke:

Ford is smoking the zl1 in every performance category if you have yet to notice!:lol:

Shhhh

Established Member

Hands down the 2013 out handles my old 2003 . I know IRS technology has come a long way but im happy to be back in a SRA :rockon:

I dont go to track events or anything like that so SRA works great for my needs :beer:

For those that keep saying the GT500 is hard to drive or it'll rattle you're teeth out have no idea what they are talking about and have never driven a 2013. It is very easy to drive and so smooth driving around town.

Last edited:

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Hands down the 2013 out handles my old 2003 . I know IRS technology has come a long way but im happy to be back in a SRA :rockon:

I dont go to track events or anything like that so SRA works great for my needs :beer:

For those that keep saying the GT500 is hard to drive or it'll rattle you're teeth out have no idea what they are talking about and have never driven a 2013. It is very easy to drive and so smooth driving around town.

Wait until you've put some miles on it and the brand new parts start to settle. ;-)

Shhhh

Established Member
Great numbers, but when is it going to hit the track?

No idea. Just trying to find time to just drive it now.

lol, car sounds like mine on the dyno. That 4th gear is super long. I just put 3.31's in myself.

Ya the gears are long but they dont feel that long while you're driving.

That's efffin amazing!

Wait until you've put some miles on it and the brand new parts start to settle. ;-)

Some cooler weather will do it good as well :burnout::burnout::burnout:

rwboring

Established Member
Didnt say it wasnt. comparing a $35k to a $65 is kind of silly was all I was saying. Almost anyone could afford a terminator not many can afford these. The new Shelby is the new standard of pony cars period its an amazing machine.

35k was 10 years ago
and base w/ des is under 56k, people keep saying 65 but that is with recaro, elec package, perf package and track package!

BOD89LX

Established Member
35k was 10 years ago
and base w/ des is under 56k, people keep saying 65 but that is with recaro, elec package, perf package and track package!

Yea I paid 52900 for mine base car with shaker pro, so these cars can be had for less then 55k but if you load them up you get real close to 70k.

boost4me

Banned
Great numbers, very cool car...

Its just a shame that you have to spend almost 70K to get there.

I don't know guys for a lot less money, I could probably build a nice 10 second comfortable daily driver terminator with lots of nice interior upgrades, suspension mods etc.

I guess you just would really have to want the new car, I personally just don't get it. The really sad part will be seeing them go through the manheims auction lines for 40K in 2-3 years. What a waste of good money IMO.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member

I don't know guys for a lot less money, I could probably build a nice 10 second comfortable daily driver terminator with lots of nice interior upgrades, suspension mods etc.

I guess you just would really have to want the new car, I personally just don't get it. The really sad part will be seeing them go through the manheims auction lines for 40K in 2-3 years. What a waste of good money IMO.

I had this argument a few weeks ago with a buddy of mine. What's the best value...buy a new base 5.0 and throw a good bit of money in it for an awesome ride or buy a used '10-'12 GT500 and throw a little money in it and have an equal or better car or go all out and buy a new '13 GT500. At the end of the day, it all equals out to some badass cars. I guess it just depends on how you want to get there. I've been trying to get there with my '98 GT for a long time...spent a lot of money (when you factor in the price of the car) and time and it's nowhere near where I want it to be. My Terminator is great, but it's not where I want it and it will take another $5K to get it there, if ever. A '13 GT500 would get me there...for about 6 months and then it would be a couple k here, and a couple k next year, and so on until the next little miss hot pants comes around. The value of money is relative to the satisfaction received at the time you spend it.

The World is coming to an end in four months and 24-25 days anyway so you might as well spend it now.:rockon:

Shhhh

Established Member

Previous Terminator : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUK3wA6FIdU&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdWIoq3XSWg&feature=youtu.be

I didnt "have to spend 70K", I just wanted something new :beer: This car is night and day better than my old 2003. Not bashing on the 03/04's. Its just simply better in every way.

Last edited:

boost4me

Banned
No arguing that at all. but was it really worth all the extra money spent?

I just think they are so over priced... I wonder what the profit margin is for manufacturer and dealer. Are we paying for R&D costs here? How much could it possibly cost to build this car?

We all know we can dump 10K into a terminator or a new 5.0 and have the same performance or better.

Its like when DVD players first came out, they cost 500.00, now you can pick them up for 39.99 at walmart.

Users who are viewing this thread