2013 vs 2015 and newer torque numbers comparison

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
You are getting tons of good advice in this thread. Since you are in the Michigan area I guess you could either go to Livernois or Brenspeed. Whichever you choose I would have them do the build/install/and tune. My advice would be to contact them both and tell them your goals and have them send you an itemized bill of the build. You can then compare and pick which one will suit you better. Livernois is a vendor on here and I have heard nothing but great things about them. I honestly don't know much about Brenspeed except they were one of the best shops for the 05-10 S197s with the 4.6.

As for your tune since its custom tuned by a reputable shop I would just leave it and save for the built motor. Like I mentioned earlier and others pointed out you may want to consider a different set of gears. Since your car is going to be making some pretty big power you may just want to go back to the factory 3:15, it may seem low but with the gearing in the transmission its not bad at all, especially if you are making over 600 hp.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Here's a pretty video I literally watched about 45 minutes ago.
Never looked it at this way before, but I do see it differently. GOOD LUCK!

Cain96

Established Member
I was wanting more TQ myself with my previous TVS set-up in my 2012. to be honest I jus got bored with the lack of TQ it made having Turbo cars my whole life.

if u want a specific answer on how to make more TQ? go Turbo..... ur blower will never make the TQ ur looking for on pump gas unless u go E85 and even then TQ won't be anywhere near wat it is with a Turbo.

and ur comparing a 2013 car that weighs 250-300 lbs less then a 2015 car so its not quite apples to apples. the TQ numbers between cars has everything to do with mods not motor configuration.

but if u wanna add more TQ to ur current set-up u will need some good long tubes and I wud dump them 3.73's being an A6

and the more obvious solution is a Circle D converter. that wud be my first mod!

The car already has long tube headers. I'm actually quite shocked to hear everyone denouncing 3.73 gears. When I did research on what to change the gear ratio to, it was hands down everywhere i went said 3.73... including the tuner that did the installation for me.... so I'm curious as to why I'm hearing different now.

scotmach

Established Member
There is no way in hell your research showed those gears were a good choice with that combo. At least not on this site.

And as far as your tuner you must have misunderstood him or he was just trying to make more money off of you.

Last edited:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
The 3:73 would be a good choice for a mildly modified MT82 car (manual). With the auto the most aggressive set ups I have see have ran 3:55 and those were all naturally aspirated cars. Again at your power level I think the 3:15s would be perfect but you may like the 3:31s better. This is just my opinion, do some research or call around to other shops and see what they say. Make sure you tell them you are Auto, as I said earlier the gear ratios in the A6 cars are pretty short that's why the 3:15 and 3:31 gear ratios are the most popular.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sounds like the next route, unless I missed it in here, would be a good head job. We offer a solid CNC job for the 11-14 heads that picks up a chunk in the way of flow numbers. But best bang for the buck would be to pick up some 15+ heads and have them worked over. Our program allows for 10% on the intake and 15% on the exhaust over factory on the 15+ heads, which already flow better than the 11-14 heads.

Cain96

Established Member
There is no way in hell your research showed those gears were a good choice with that combo. At least not on this site.

And as far as your tuner you must have misunderstood him or he was just trying to make more money off of you.

I did not use these forums... and gears cost the same (to my knowledge).. so there is no monetary incentive. I must have associated that gear set with a NA setup... I'm not sure why I was focused on that gear ratio. It's fine... I'll keep trying these... and if I don't like them, I'll switch it out and get it retuned

Users who are viewing this thread