2014 GT500 vs 2014 C7 Corvette

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Looks about right. That GT500 came hauling the mail.

The auto and lighter weight definitely helps from a dig

61mmstang94

Established Member
I just can't wait for the next Z to come out. It's going to be sick.

Saw a C7 in person again the other day. It looked great. Pics on the Internet do it no justice because it's definitely a sharp looking car (front and rear).

04CobraVert

8.2@170mph
Established Member
Great race. went exactly as expected.

auto+ magnetic susp+ lighter vs. heavier with 200+hp and manual

and the gt500 did have launch control on during the race. that little vette just leaves super hard on factory tires.

that being said, once it gets going the gt500 is pretty unstoppable. even in stock form.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Any update on what happened to GT500 Slayer's C7 vette, in a SD thread it said he blew his motor.
Lol, guy should just change his name to FIAT500 SLAYER.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Nor has he seen the 119-120 traps for other C7's or the videos of me racing NJTony's car same day/same track with a ~6 mph trap speed difference (all day) with Tony on DR's.
And let's forget the fact that I have the #2 stock car (behind NJTony) on the '13/'14 GT500 list. I'll just let all the experts do the talking.
S.

do you currently own all those cars in your sig or are they previous rides? :eek:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I've seen this happen so many times with automatic cars on the street. Seriously, if you like to race from a dig, buy an automatic.

That was huge ground he made up then passed like it would trap 8mph+ faster on a track. Too bad, ha ha. Good race for the C7.

Last edited:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Sorry dont live on the forums.

Meh, hero traps at those "fast" tracks during this time of year is not what id base the cars performance on. But hey if it ran it ran it i guess. Still isnt the GT500's hero trap 129? If so thats still a bit more than the claimed 5-6mph.

Sooo snorman can get 120 out of a bone stock C7 but at the same fast track on the same fast day a GT500 is trapping 125?

Seems fishy idc whos telling it. I like to go with physics and it doesnt add up sorry...
To my knowledge, no '13/'14 GT500 has ever trapped 129 mph. Even Tony's car only went 127.9.

And while you state you "don't live on the forums", you obviously don't live at the track either because you don't know WTF you are talking about.

Guys like you should just sit on the sidelines and STFU, because not only are you clueless, you do nothing but spread bad info for others to see.
S.

Users who are viewing this thread