2014 GT500

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Just wondering, how many times can a correction like that be done, assuming it had not been done before you got it?

RRMBrembo

Established Member
Excellent work as usual. This is my favorite color combo on these year GT500's and you made it pop. I'm sure the owner was beyond thrilled.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Thanks everyone!

Oldsvt: I can't give you a definitive answer on your question. It depends on what the paint readings are/how much clear there is to work with.

However, if it's within 'factory spec' you would be fine doing a 'heavy' correction multiple times in the vehicles lifetime. Just my 2 cents!

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Car looks amazing awesome job!!! What did you use to get the swirls off the tail lights? Thats always a problem area for me. The polisher never wants to keep spinning and i cant get all the way in.

Thanks

CV355

_
Established Member
This might sound like a stupid question, but how do you maintain the edges so cleanly around the vinyl stripes? Do you simply tape the edges and run the polisher over them? How does it not build up residue along the leading edge?

Ill_W1N

Established Member
^^^^^I used my Flex 3401 and my Rupes iBrid. Polishing pad(s) and polish.

What polisher are you using?

I'm using porter cable 7424xp with 4" hex-logic pads. Speed is at 6, it's just all the contours of getting inside that's a pita.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
This might sound like a stupid question, but how do you maintain the edges so cleanly around the vinyl stripes? Do you simply tape the edges and run the polisher over them? How does it not build up residue along the leading edge?

Yes, you can tape along the edges in order to prevent any polish/compound residue building up. Or, if you don't and want to 'risk' it, you can polish and then clean the edges immediately afterwards.

Silent-H

Established Member
Simply Gorgeous! You brought that paint back to awesome. Saweet. Do you travel? Do you know of anybody doing your caliber of work in Michigan?

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
^^^Thank you Silent!! No, I don't travel, but I do have clients ship me their vehicles!

I do not know of anyone in Michigan, however I will put out a few feelers for you.

Regards...

Users who are viewing this thread