2014 Porsche GT3

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
2014 Porsche GT3

White

3,200 miles

It’s been a Porsche past couple months here at Autodermatology! I will keep the P-cars coming!

I had a client bring me his new to him 2014 Porsche GT3 in white. The car has low miles. Approximately 3,200 miles are on the vehicle.

It came in for a paint correction and ceramic coating. The front end is covered in PPF.

It was in overall OK condition. The typical marring, swirls and light scratches. It has been tracked before so some scuffs/etc were evident as well.

Tools/equipment/chemicals/etc:

Flex 3401, Rupes iBrid.

PTG Defelsko

Lighting by Scangrip.

Lift by Ranger QickJack.

Lake Country and Meg’s pads.

Clayed via nano sponge.

Washed with Nick’s super-secret rinseless wash (separate review on this forthcoming).

Misc Cobra, etc mf towels.

HD/3D CUT and POLISH

SCG Pro glass cleaner.

Adam’s Trim coating.

Adam’s Paint coating.

Adam’s Ceramic Boost.

GYEON tire for tire dressing. (this was baked on for greater longevity).

Interior was wiped down with Sonus Cockpit.

Leather conditioned with Pinnacle.

Adam’s wheel cleaner.

Tuf Shine tire cleaner.

Hydro 2 for wheels/calipers.

Process:

I used AutoGeek's super-secret beta test rinseless/waterless/claylube/paintprep formula for the rinseless washing duties. The vehicle was then clayed via fine grade nano-sponge. Wheels were cleaned as were calipers and tires.

Paint readings were taken and showed plenty to work with. That’s always a nice thing to find!

Test spot revealed that the paint was medium-medium-hard. It liked CUT and a medium pad. Finished down nicely without much marring and no haze. NO dust. Nice! Final polishing was with POLISH. Came out like a white diamond! The defects were very difficult to capture for me on this paint…you will have to trust me that they were there! LOL

I am a self-admitted coating geek…I just love them. I wanted to try Adam’s new offerings.

Paint was prepped prior to coating. The trim was also prepped.

Coated. Cured.

Boost was applied 24 hours later—it really slicked up the surface. The Adam’s Ceramic Paint Coating is a little grabby on its own. Great shine, reflectivity. It is easy to apply and remove. Flashes quickly in my temp/humidity.

Tires dressed.

Glass cleaned. Interior tackled.

DONE!!!

Thanks for reading my write-up and looking at my many, many pictures!

Defects-I had a hard time capturing them-they are there-gonna have to trust me! lol

DSCN7015_zps89ajppdi.jpg

DSCN7016_zpsfabbh0r4.jpg

DSCN7018_zps5cllpoqd.jpg

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Holy hell that car looks amazing. As always, you do incredible work.

I really didn't like the 911 until the 991, now it bothers me how much I do, especially the GT3. I wish it came with a handshaker though.

The gray one is yours I take it?

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Thank you for the comments everyone!!! Nice!

AustinJ: yes, the grey one is mine. And I too, for some reason, wish they still put a manual box in the GT3's...but I will tell you, the PDK is so damn good!!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Nasty, would you mind sharing some secrets of the pros in regards to cleaning seats that have both leather and alcantara? How do you clean/condition the leather without messing up the alcantara?

Also, how do you best clean/protect the vinyl stripes?

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Nasty, would you mind sharing some secrets of the pros in regards to cleaning seats that have both leather and alcantara? How do you clean/condition the leather without messing up the alcantara?

Also, how do you best clean/protect the vinyl stripes?

Not at all: I've found that a little bit of leather conditioner on the Alcantara, prior to cleaning the Alcantara, doesn't hurt the material at all.

I use Folex on the Alcantara and spot treat it in the areas that need cleaning. If not bad at all, like this one, I just vacuum, brush and it's good to go. Sonax has a new Alcantara cleaner that looks very promising and I will be giving that a shot soon.

I lightly polish the vinyl and then ceramic coat over them. Works like a charm...

Hope this helps!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Got you! Thanks for always sharing with us, its like a form of art.

Recon

Established Member
Looks excellent. Got red gauges in the Slantnose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread