2014 = Surprising Trends

Madlock

Established Member
I would have said that I enjoyed reading all your posts, but then I would have been placed on Obama's hit list.

Obamashmama. He can put me on as many "lists" as he likes. He can then go stick every one of them in the same place. ANYTHING with a chance of in hell of preoccupying him enough to prevent even one more Executive Order is a victory for the greater good. No matter how much I wish he didn't, the simple fact is that HE works for ME.

Besides, you really don't hear the drones anymore after the first few days anyway.

Madlock

Established Member
Hrm, I just was ready to change my order to Grey with blue stripes from DIB with Black. I wanted something a little more unique. I'm torn. What do you guys think which is the better combo? I'm doing everything but the TP/S1000/cover. Will the stripes look silly with the glass roof if I go with blue stripes? Are the blue accents on the seats too much?

I need to firm up my decision.

The "Sonic Blue" stripes are much darker than prior generations (through '12), which were Grabber Blue. They're a deep blue, even in the seat leather. If anything, I preferred how much MORE contrast the blue seat stripes used with the Grabber Blue exterior stripes provided.

I think the Glass Roof improves the car's overall look regardless of color, stripe or delete. It comes off as a separate design feature altogether that neither enhances nor distracts from the stripes you've chosen. It's a feature I particularly happen to like and one I've had on each of the several coupes I've owned. (FWIW, according to the handful of Ford engineers I've spoken with informally at various events and venues, the Glass Roof is actually structurally stronger, and particularly more rigid, than the regular stamped roof.

I'd certainly recommend you order whatever you prefer. You're paying the note. Until the rest of the world takes over your payments, they can all go pound sand. Notwithstanding wilson's allusion to the contrary, I've never advocated anything differently. I have no idea what he was referring to, but then again, I have no idea who the hell "Matlock" is either. :??:

Of course, that doesn't mean I wouldn't hesitate to express a particular opinion I might have if someone were to ask what I'd do and why, but that that's an entirely different proposition altogether that in no way suggests substituting anybody else's priorities or preferences for another's.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Madlock, My perfect car would be one of two. Either a Purple with red strip base coupe and only Recaros or a Canary Yellow with flat black hood base coupe and only Recaros and the 70 cobra style hood lock downs, but then again I am one of the DIB/Red cars so my taste to most is questionable. I thank you for the info you provide and even though you like to be some what crusty I think by your more recent post and additional info not requested directly you have mellowed LOL

Madlock

Established Member
Madlock, My perfect car would be one of two. Either a Purple with red strip base coupe and only Recaros or a Canary Yellow with flat black hood ....

Whatever makes your crank spin, Huggy Bear.

I don't determine what Ford decides to make and dealers and customers happen to choose. The trends and totals simply are whatever they happen to be, which is much lower than they ought to be as the only legitimate maker competing with subsidized competitors that enjoyed virtually-unlimited amounts of forgiveness of past failures and cash to do with as the please - but that's a different harangue altogether.

Do you have any idea how many Grabber Blue coupes have been built so far??

Yes, I do.

Here's a little bit of trivia for those who may not be aware. GT500's are window stickered differently depending upon whether or not they include the SVT Performance Package.

Without the SVTPP (equipped Option Package 820A), window stickers are titled "SHELBY GT500". Cars WITH the SVTPP (equipped with Option Package 821A) are simply titled "Mustang" like any other. Though all GT500 window stickers bear a subtitle that reads "201Y SHELBY GT500 COUPE or (CONVERTIBLE)" in much smaller print below.

Just shy of 1 in every 23 2014 GT500 Coupes so far is Grabber Blue - about 4.5%.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Here's a little bit of trivia for those who may not be aware. GT500's are window stickered differently depending upon whether or not they include the SVT Performance Package.

Without the SVTPP (equipped Option Package 820A), window stickers are titled "SHELBY GT500". Cars WITH the SVTPP (equipped with Option Package 821A) are simply titled "Mustang" like any other. Though all GT500 window stickers bear a subtitle that reads "201Y SHELBY GT500 COUPE or (CONVERTIBLE)" in much smaller print below.

Interesting, but strange. Why not title them all the same, since they're the same car with different options? :??:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Obamashmama. He can put me on as many "lists" as he likes. He can then go stick every one of them in the same place. ANYTHING with a chance of in hell of preoccupying him enough to prevent even one more Executive Order is a victory for the greater good. No matter how much I wish he didn't, the simple fact is that HE works for ME.

Besides, you really don't hear the drones anymore after the first few days anyway.

I'm on the same list as you.

Great info as always

ford13

Established Member
Great thread Mad ... Lol I'm Canadian with a black black stripe car with everything but the glass roof with the car cover, do you have the numbers breakdown for the Canadian cars?Don't want to bother you but any info would be much appreciated. I ordered my car August 8th 2012 from Birchwood Ford Winnipeg Manitoba Caanada. It was delivered Oct 8th 2012.
Thanks Larry.

Madlock

Established Member
Great thread Mad ... Lol I'm Canadian with a black black stripe car with everything but the glass roof with the car cover, do you have the numbers breakdown for the Canadian cars?Don't want to bother you but any info would be much appreciated. I ordered my car August 8th 2012 from Birchwood Ford Winnipeg Manitoba Caanada. It was delivered Oct 8th 2012.
Thanks Larry.

Sure, Larry.

Apart from the disproportionate number of Convertibles Canada receives, I'm not sure what unique information about the Canadian cars would be interesting or helpful. As with U.S. cars, yours is the most popular color combination with the most popular option configuration, Car Cover notwithstanding.

Canadians seem to more be willing to try on the less common colors with DIB, Race Red and Grabber Blue in particular being disproportionately more common than in the U.S.

Otherwise, the biggest difference in the Canadian cars is how the exhaust note tends to make a strange "eh?" sound at the end.... :??:

14 GT500
Established Member
Thanks Larry.

I'm originally from Winnipeg, so I'll always say hi to a fellow person from the Peg:beer:

Madlock

Established Member
Here's some more '14 production data so far based upon updated information from the almost-1,900 cars made or scheduled so far. There's been a $150 price hike to each model's base price, by the way.

About 83% are Coupes, 17% are Convertibles. Color mix remains consistent.

"Take" rates on each option for the Coupe and Convertible respectively are,

• SVTPP - 91% and 89%
  • SVTTP - 73% and N/A (80% of all Coupes with SVTPP)
  • Electronics Package - 79% and 85%
  • Glass Roof - 13% and N/A
  • Recaro Seats - 73% and 64%
  • Shaker Sub - 62% and 66%
  • WeatherShield Cover - 67% and 71%

Ordering Oddities of the Day

• Of cars with the SVTPP and SVTTP (which one would expect for cars owners expect to AT LEAST occasionally drive in anger, about 19% don't ALSO have Recaro Seats.
  • Of the 929 cars with the SVTPP, SVTTP AND Recaro Seats (as track-ready as a the car can be), 677 (about 73%) ALSO toss the extra weight of the Shaker Sub in the trunk.

185 Coupes and 87 Convertibles have been made for Canada (272 total)

17 Coupes have been made for Export outside the U.S. & Canada and no Convertibles (so far).

3 Coupes and 3 Convertibles were built as demo mules (very low numbers relative to prior years), of which one Coupe was later assigned a retail value (usually required for donation).

The average sticker price of Coupes and Convertibles in the U.S. and Canada respectively are: $65,229 and $67,593, $71,032 and $73,942

The total SRP for U.S. and Canadian Coupes and Convertibles respectively for the almost-1,9000 cars made so far are $103,407,695 and $19,573,869 CAD (or $19,403,126 USD), totaling $122,821,821 USD.

Extrapolating the <1,900 to 5,000 units with the assumption that the remainder of the year will be consistent with 2014 so far, GT500 will gross about $323.2M (in USD) in U.S. & Canada sales.

The aforementioned is factual. The following is purely my own speculation based upon those facts.

My own purely theoretical ballpark of the gross profit GT500 will yield from retail sales is about $90-100M.

I'd take a wild guess, given that GT500 is essentially never incentivized, that Ford will NET $20-30M in after-tax net profit from the whole shebang which ultimately gets reinvested or distributed to shareholders (and taxed AGAIN as personal income).

Just to give things a visual perspective, he's the Color and Stripe distribution of the Coupes scheduled so far:

Coupe%20Color%20Distribution%20-%201553.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread