2015 Mustang Driveshaft Upgrade

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 2015 Mustang Driveshaft Featured.jpg
Getting the ’Shaft
Lethal Performance gets its Mustang GT track ready with a D.S.S. driveshaft and a BMR safety loop
By Steve Turner
Photos by Steve Turner and courtesy of The DriveShaft Shop

We recently showed you how Lethal Performance upgraded its 2015 Mustang GT project car with a set of rugged halfshafts from The DriveShaft Shop. That was just the first phase in bolstering the car’s drivetrain in preparation for an assault on the quarter-mile. This time around we are documenting upgrades that will improve performance and safety.
Continue reading →

ATTFighter

Established Member
Awesome, i am debating between the DSS and Shaftmaster driveshaft, any major differences that matter? Also will this BMR safety loop work with the MGW race spec shifter installed?

Anthony K

Established Member
I can help with that.

I went Shaftmasters. David is a really cool dude. His father and my grandfather go WAY BACK!

I have the mgw racespec shifter, Shaftmasters drive shaft and bmr loop.

Ther loop techincally fits. But is very tight. Kelly has told me they will be revising the loop. I also have the gibson cat back , and the o2's are REALLY close, another area bmr will clearance.

Your post reminded me to email kelly and see if they have the revised loop yet.

I used the supplied spacer, kelly did not on his auto car. I also added a few washers to the mounting flange to crossmember to clear the mgw.

ATTFighter

Established Member
I can help with that.

I went Shaftmasters. David is a really cool dude. His father and my grandfather go WAY BACK!

I have the mgw racespec shifter, Shaftmasters drive shaft and bmr loop.

Ther loop techincally fits. But is very tight. Kelly has told me they will be revising the loop. I also have the gibson cat back , and the o2's are REALLY close, another area bmr will clearance.

Your post reminded me to email kelly and see if they have the revised loop yet.

I used the supplied spacer, kelly did not on his auto car. I also added a few washers to the mounting flange to crossmember to clear the mgw.

Awesome, I already purchased the mgw and am about to pull the trigger on the driveshaft since I want both installed at the same time. Seems like I should wait for the revised version of the safety loop. Let me know if you hear back. Thanks.

ATTFighter

Established Member
Any update on a driveshaft safety loop that will fit with a mgw shifter?

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
my best friend went with the carbon dss for his 2015 A6 and says there is absolutely zero NVH and drives like it was stock...i didnt see a 1 piece auto aluminum DS from them though..anyone out here with feedbcak on a 1 piece aluminum for a 15 auto A6? wondering if its as smooth as my buddy says his CF is...

thelastsumurai

Established Member
Drive Shaft Weight

Can anyone tell me the weight of the stock Automatic EcoBoost 2 piece drive shaft ? I want to get another CF drive shaft for my EcoBoost but I want to know if I'll save near as much weight as I did on my 14 GT conversion. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread