2015 mustang production date

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
There's no way this happens. Just 2-3 months ago the prototypes that were spotted were extremely early in development still. No way the new model gets revealed before Detroit 2014 or NYIAS 2014 next year.

no way...your saying we wont even see one until they start selling them? the '15 should start being shipped by the NYIAS next year. Id be shocked. '14 production has to end early to change all the shit over for the new chassis and no way are they going to not produce any mustangs for 6,8,10 months. No way.

and as far as development when a model comes out its been in testing 2-4 years prior. Id guarantee there are full bodies done

GarageLogic

Established Member
2015's will be in showrooms and available to buy next spring. At least the base and GT models. Special editions may end up hitting the showrooms later in the production cycle. That's my guess.

nicksender

Established Member
2015's will be in showrooms and available to buy next spring. At least the base and GT models. Special editions may end up hitting the showrooms later in the production cycle. That's my guess.

I would tend to agree with this. The model '14 year is many months along already. There might be a later than normal first production date for the new '15 model; but they should be available early next year at the latest I would think.

I think people are doubtful it will get to market this soon because Ford hasn't shown really anything new and they have been pretty good at keeping everyone in the dark; which is usually the opposite in this day and age.

Last edited:

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
The anticipation is killing me. I'm more intrigued by this car than Viper or Corvette because they have literally shown us nothing and I've seen nothing but 'renderings' of the new car. If it looks like the last picture that MT released it's amazing; this waiting is killing me!

Probably won,t be releases until April 17,2014,
The actual date when the Ford mustang was released 50 years ago on April 17,1964.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lemers

Established Member
This isn't 1964 where you can show a production car in Apr and have it on the lots in May. There are a lot more complicated cars and more magazine spies out there looking for the next mustang. I believe that we will have pictures and a lot more info on the production well before the 2014 NY auto show.

The last C6 has rolled off the production just after the NY auto show and Chevy will only have limited quantities starting this summer. If ford wants the mustang selling in May in large quantities then they will need to be producing them well before 2014 NY auto show.

Users who are viewing this thread