2015 Mustang Spied

badassgt500

Established Member
The ford fusion looks like an aston martin which means the new mustang is going to look similar to an aston martin did yall forget the fusion was design by ford and aston martin. So we might have a knock off version of an aston martin in the form of a mustang. Paul revere is out there somewhere in a true mustang yelling the british are coming, the british are coming. Lmao

shelbysvt

Established Member
The ford fusion looks like an aston martin which means the new mustang is going to look similar to an aston martin did yall forget the fusion was design by ford and aston martin. So we might have a knock off version of an aston martin in the form of a mustang. Paul revere is out there somewhere in a true mustang yelling the british are coming, the british are coming. Lmao

Lol I thought of this but didn't want to say anything.

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
I think it looks just fine, and doesnt depart that much from the current styling. Its got just enough global brand cues to tell its a Ford, just enough styling from our S197 to recognize it as a Mustang, and just enough departure from both to be fresh. What more could you want? If this is it...

By the way. I keep hearing fusion styling. Has anyone seen the Taurus, or the Focus, or the Fiesta....just saying.

havasuwiley

Established Member
i'm sure the new car will look much better than the mule photos, but new irs and body may suffer i'st year problems, the new 15 will probally have a long 1st year production run "50th ann" marketing just like harley did in 2003 for their 100th ann year .we will see lots of them in the near future, but not lots of 2013-14 gt500s, thats why i ordered my 2014 gt 500. just my 2 cents

Gabed1972

Established Member
First off, I believe you will end up being 100% correct. I also think this car will be a home run for Ford. It's a good looking car, very Aston Martinish. And let's face it, nobody can consider the Aston Martins bad looking. Also, the new Fusion is light years better looking than the car it replaced.

In the end, it's human nature to love what you own and not like the new replacement for it. I saw this all the time when I was in the boating industry.

Maybe I am the only one that feels this way but if "I wanted a euro styled car" or something "Aston Martinish" I wouldn't be driving an American Muscle Car, with a Big V8, and loud exhaust.

To me this is the equivalent of The Harley Davidson Motorcycle Company saying hey here is a "bright idea" new Harley's will now look and sound and have the look and feel of a rice rocket.

This should increase our sales. :xpl:

I think ford might be on the verge of loosing loyal mustang buyers to other euro brands if the cars look so European why not just buy a foreign car.

Plus I don't want to drive a car that might be mistaken for a fusion. (At least from the front)

I like that the mustang has it own look and think this isn't going to be as big a hit as others seem to think... :sleeping:

Last edited:

reason4treason

Established Member

if it really is an aston marstang that's on the way, 'opefully it at least won't 'ave a prop rod under the 'ood, what?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The only I can say is the guy that has seen it and knows the power plant, says that he will be buying it! This is the same guy that purchased a 5.0 instead of the a/l block 5.4 11 GT500.:beer::pop:

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Maybe I am the only one that feels this way but if "I wanted a euro styled car" or something "Aston Martinish" I wouldn't be driving an American Muscle Car, with a Big V8, and loud exhaust.

To me this is the equivalent of The Harley Davidson Motorcycle Company saying hey here is a "bright idea" new Harley's will now look and sound and have the look and feel of a rice rocket.

This should increase our sales. :xpl:

I think ford might be on the verge of loosing loyal mustang buyers to other euro brands if the cars look so European why not just buy a foreign car.

Plus I don't want to drive a car that might be mistaken for a fusion. (At least from the front)

I like that the mustang has it own look and think this isn't going to be as big a hit as others seem to think... :sleeping:

In 2005, Ford was selling 150k mustangs a year on average. Every year has been a decline since, and In 2013, they sold somewhere around half that.

If the loyal mustang crowd is Ford's market, then why arent they supporting THIS build? The answer is that Ford has to do this, or let the mustang die. The trend will continue unless something is done to attract a new market. Most mustang loyalists already have one or two mustangs from this generation. Lets wait and see just what we end up with. I know that the execs at Ford are very excited about what the final product came out like. We will know soon enough, and Im keeping my faith they are gonna do it right.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
People forget that it isn't about keeping a small faction of mustang buyers happy.

It's about selling cars and making a profit, and appealing to the masses.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Remember when the Probe was to replace the Fox chassis? Until Mustang enthusiasts joined together to put the kibosh on that horrible decision. Ford was smart enough to realize that if they turn off the genuine Mustang enthusiast base that the car would die. So yes, they are aware that they need to please their (hard)core base, us, as well as everyone else. A huge task.

And the aforementioned sales decline happens to all models after their initial public offering. That's why Ford continues to upgrade a given vehicle throughout its life cycle. That's also why the initial year of this new generation won't be the one to get - but we all know that!

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Ford has a very tough challenge with the stang. My best ex of the unfair nature of it is; the 5.0 GT. So a mag takes a GT 5.0, not even a boss, pits it against the M3, the stang beats it in every perf category, acceleration, lap times, breaking, figure eight, etc., and the winner of the review the BMW, the reason, because they said the stang is still just a stang and not in the class of a BMW. Now, I'm not saying a bimmer shopper is out there comparing bouncing between the BMW dealership & the Ford dealership ... although I dumped my M3 to get into a GT500. My point is more with maintream media and reviews they down grade the stang even when on any measure it's superior, other than "moniker" or badging. This is why I think Ford did the Shelby deal, to try to get a badging that would resonate even if it was only that, a badge. Hec, the Viper has the same struggle, call it an SRT but it's still a "dodge" and 'merican so it's new Sabelt Ferrari interior is still picked on, if they called it a Ferrari, well ...

Really the big thing will be a perfect IRS solution, this will get big cred for the stang, even if it's only a mild improvement over the impressive accomplishments with the SRA. That with some slick marketing, serious mag butt kissing, etc., will put the stang where it sould be IMO, and I don't consider myself a kool aid drinker here, but ...

I have faith in Ford & SVT not to water it down or make it total euro, it needs the nuance refinements to break thru without losing its soul and performance standing.

s4awd

Established Member
I agree with Gabed and Dubbfaris and Daffy. This one is going to be tough. Ford has to sell cars so something definitely has to change. The problem is that the Mustang has a very limited audience. Many people have good memories of them, the brand is very strong but the Mustang name has it's own stigma. Cheap speed, crude, antiquated, Dairy Queen, etc. Because people tend to view cars as extensions of themselves, Prius for tree huggers, BMW/Merc forward thinking status seekers, Ford has to design a car that doesn't slap the preconceived notion of a Mustang buyer on to the owner. It should just be a nice car. Problem is, true Mustang owners will revolt if it's not true to it's Mustang roots. If it's still a pony car and has a big horse on the grill which I think it will, you will turn off prospecive non mustang people. It will indeed be tough but I think it will be fine :)

Last edited:

shelbysvt

Established Member
Ford has a very tough challenge with the stang. My best ex of the unfair nature of it is; the 5.0 GT. So a mag takes a GT 5.0, not even a boss, pits it against the M3, the stang beats it in every perf category, acceleration, lap times, breaking, figure eight, etc., and the winner of the review the BMW, the reason, because they said the stang is still just a stang and not in the class of a BMW. Now, I'm not saying a bimmer shopper is out there comparing bouncing between the BMW dealership & the Ford dealership ... although I dumped my M3 to get into a GT500. My point is more with maintream media and reviews they down grade the stang even when on any measure it's superior, other than "moniker" or badging. This is why I think Ford did the Shelby deal, to try to get a badging that would resonate even if it was only that, a badge. Hec, the Viper has the same struggle, call it an SRT but it's still a "dodge" and 'merican so it's new Sabelt Ferrari interior is still picked on, if they called it a Ferrari, well ...

Really the big thing will be a perfect IRS solution, this will get big cred for the stang, even if it's only a mild improvement over the impressive accomplishments with the SRA. That with some slick marketing, serious mag butt kissing, etc., will put the stang where it sould be IMO, and I don't consider myself a kool aid drinker here, but ...

I have faith in Ford & SVT not to water it down or make it total euro, it needs the nuance refinements to break thru without losing its soul and performance standing.

Ford needs to do to the mustang what GM did to the new c7 stingray. Radical new design and update the refinement, with a special emphasis on the interior.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Ford needs to do to the mustang what GM did to the new c7 stingray. Radical new design and update the refinement, with a special emphasis on the interior.

Have you been inside a C7? Holy Mother of Vinyl. Still more "No thinky, more stinky" work on Chevy's part. Chevy is SO far behind in the materials and ergo pieces.

Oh...and every time I see one the front gets my attention with it paying homage to the (very) early years. I smile as I see the Stingray and again appreciate where they're going. But then.........as it continues to pass....it's as though once they got to the B pillar they just said "screw it". The Mali-maro rear end is a nice touch, too. :bash:

As for the Mustang, an engineer to me that he was stunned at the height..or lack thereof...of the roofline. 15 inches less in length, so clearly they had to bring the top down. Between the length, 400 pound weight loss and heavily rumored powerplants, this is gonna be fun.

bj

Users who are viewing this thread