2015+ turbocharged or supercharged daily driver need ideas!

Zemedici

Established Member
Whipple, procharger, or twin turbos can all be daily driven. Just spend the money and do it right. Do not cut corners.

My girl drives a whippled 2015 and makes 672rwhp, through a 6 speed manual. Drives it every day.

Remember : fast, cheap, reliable. Pick two.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Whipple, vmp seem to be the easier pd blower installs. I have the ford racing kit on mine. Drives normally until you hit the skinny pedal. Only complaint is it's Way quuiter than previous eaton/tvs blowers. Procharger is the easiest install but not crazy about the screechy high pitch idle. Kind of reminds me of a 3.6 kb. Turbo will make the most power but also cost the most. None really require much maintenance just really which style you prefer.

calebdnehus

Established Member
Got VMP stage 2 on my 17 with the 85mm pulley and I made about 575 rwhp to the wheel on a 93+ degree day. 100k mile blower oil change interval, drives like stock till you hit 2500 rpm+. Only complaint is its doesnt whine much but I have kooks off road headers and corsa catback so I may just not be able to hear over the exhaust.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Turbo or TVS style blower would be my choice after owning all 3.

Had a Paxton 2200 on my 2014 coyote and too much BOV activity/noise made it tiresome for daily driving. Not my cup of tea.

Switched to twin turbo and drivability was much improved and car was faster with more room to grow.

Now have PD blower on the gt500 and drivability is the best of all 3, but power potential not as high as turbo even with an eventual TVS swap.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Less intrusive is procharger, makes good power, doesn't make too much noise if you get the helical gears and basic Procharger BOV

Users who are viewing this thread