2017 Stock Intake Manifold on 2011 GT

IFlyEm81

Established Member
I stumbled across someone selling their stock 2017 Coyote intake manifold. I'm curious as to if it will work with my 2011 Coyote? Are there any benefits or increased performance with the newer intake manifold?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Good question. I'm not sure anyone has been motivated to do this swap as the hp difference between the 2011/14 and the 2015/17's is marginal with the hp change probably not due to the intake manifold so much. I think the only 4 that are worth any of their own weight are the 18' manifold, gt350 manifold, boss manifold and the cobrajet manifold. There is tons of data on swapping those out there. I went cobrajet and have been happy with that decision for my 2011 GT.

Example, I have a buddy with a 2016 who has similar modifications to me with the exception he is running the 2018 manifold and I'm running a cobrajet manifold. I'm a gen1 and he's a gen2. I make more power at the wheels on the same dyno across the entire band. Do what's best for your budget and your build at the end of the day.

noldevin

Established Member
No worthwhile difference, don't bother. A 2018 manifold is a bit better, but the Boss, Gt350, and Cobra Jet manifolds are still all better than the 2018.

Stang Lover

Established Member
It'll work just tie the IMRC open but you won't notice any difference. If you're gonna get a stock manifold get an 18.

I haven't seen more than 2 people use the edlebrock manifold.

Users who are viewing this thread